|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Christian interested in the house Gieseke keeps for his mistress?
(a) He wants to buy it.
(b) He wants to build one like it.
(c) He wants to move into it.
(d) He visits there also.
2. What does Tom do when Tony refuses to go back to Munich?
(a) He says she can have a job with his business.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He offers to help her get a divorce.
(d) He buys her a train ticket to Munich anyway.
3. Where does Grunlich die?
(a) In his office.
(b) At a beach house.
(c) In jail.
(d) In a mob.
4. Why does the Consul want to see if Tony loves Grunlich in "Part IV"?
(a) To please his wife.
(b) To know if he should send his daughter on vacation.
(c) To know if he was wrong.
(d) To know if he should invest money in Grunlich.
5. How do Morten's political views compare to Tony's?
(a) He is more conservative.
(b) They are similar.
(c) He is more liberal.
(d) He is less interested in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part III,, what interrupts Tom's secret romance with Anna?
2. What does Tony write to her mother in the second letter she sends?
3. In "Part I," whose lap does Antonie sit on when she recites her catechism?
4. When Permaneder comes to the Buddenbrook home in "Part VI," what confuses Frau Consul at first?
5. In "Part I," what does the Consul's mother tell him to do about Gotthold's demand for money?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)