|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr Gratjens do for a living?
(a) He is a pastor.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a broker.
2. Why does the Consul decide to sent Tony to their beach house in "Part III"?
(a) To keep her away from Grunlich.
(b) To improve her mood.
(c) To prove he loves her.
(d) To avoid her.
3. In "Part II," what does Tony have for breakfast each morning?
(a) Fruit and cheese.
(b) Fried eggs.
(d) Hot chocolate.
4. In "Part V," where does Christian travel from to return home?
5. In "Part II," how many female servants does Elizabeth have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part II," what does the Consul say about Johann's second marriage?
2. What do the men argue about after dinner in "Part I"?
3. In "Part I," what aspect of the Buddenbrook home do the guests discuss?
4. What amount of the proceeds of the house does Gotthold request in "Part I"?
5. What month does Tony marry Grunlich?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)