|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Consul believe Johann blames Gotthold for the death of Josephine?
(a) Because she died trying to save Gotthold.
(b) Because Gotthold got her sick.
(c) Because she died shortly after Gotthold's birth.
(d) Because he had injured her badly.
2. In "Part IV," what does Tony write to her mother in the first letter she sends?
(a) She asks to be sent on a vacation.
(b) She asks about medical advice.
(c) She asks for money.
(d) She asks her mother to visit.
3. In "Part III,, what interrupts Tom's secret romance with Anna?
(a) Tony's wedding.
(b) Her husband.
(c) His religion.
(d) A business trip.
4. Why does the Consul decide to send Tony to a boarding school?
(a) Because she starts stealing from stores.
(b) Because she gets into a fight with a boy.
(c) Because she starts scaring strangers in the street.
(d) Because she stops working in school.
5. What does Herr Gratjens do for a living?
(a) He is a pastor.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a broker.
(d) He is a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tony describe her first impression of Grunlich?
2. In "Part II," what does the Consul about love in his marriage to Elizabeth?
3. What month is it in "Part III"?
4. Why does Gotthold feel he should receive some of the Buddenbrook family money?
5. In "Part II," how many female servants does Elizabeth have?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)