|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Gotthold cut off from family money?
(a) For moving to the Americas.
(b) For going to jail.
(c) For being born out of wedlock.
(d) For marrying a woman the family disapproved of.
2. Where do the Krogers have an estate?
(a) Outside Castle Gate.
(b) Near the mountains.
(c) On the coast of Boarder Sea.
(d) Inside Berlin.
3. How is Justus related to the Consul?
(a) He is the Consul's brother-in-law.
(b) He is the Consul's cousin.
(c) He is the Consul's brother.
(d) He is the Consul's uncle.
4. How do Morten's political views compare to Tony's?
(a) He is more liberal.
(b) He is less interested in politics.
(c) He is more conservative.
(d) They are similar.
5. How does the Buddenbrook dinner end in "Part I"?
(a) With a prayer.
(b) With joke telling.
(c) With a dance.
(d) With a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part III,, what interrupts Tom's secret romance with Anna?
2. Why does Tony tell Morten about Grunlich's proposal?
3. What causes the servant to be fired from the Buddenbrook home in "Part IV"?
4. In "Part II," what does the Consul write about in his journal?
5. In "Part I," what does the Consul's mother tell him to do about Gotthold's demand for money?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)