|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part II," how many female servants does Elizabeth have?
2. What does Tony tell her father about her marriage in "Part IV"?
(a) She is slowly learning to love Grunlich.
(b) She feels she is being ignored.
(c) She expected more money out of her marriage.
(d) She only got married to make him happy.
3. How does the older generation feel about Napoleon?
(a) They feel he was a great man.
(b) They feel he was nothing to fear.
(c) They feel he was misunderstood.
(d) They feel he was a tyrant.
4. How does Tony get her face scratched by Julie?
(a) While they try to stop falling down a hill.
(b) When she shoves Julie down a hill.
(c) When she tries to avoid kissing Hermann.
(d) While she is sleeping.
5. What day of the week do the Buddenbrooks gather at the Buddenbrook house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Consul decide to sent Tony to their beach house in "Part III"?
2. In "Part IV," what are the lower classes insisting upon?
3. How do Julie and Tony treat each other while they walk to school?
4. What did the Buddenbrooks do during the war with Napoleon?
5. In the beginning of "Part III", what is the Consul's family all reading?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)