|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "Part III", what is the Consul's family all reading?
2. How does the older generation feel about Napoleon?
(a) They feel he was a tyrant.
(b) They feel he was a great man.
(c) They feel he was nothing to fear.
(d) They feel he was misunderstood.
3. What month is it in "Part III"?
4. What amount of the proceeds of the house does Gotthold request in "Part I"?
(d) He never says the exact amount.
5. In "Part III," who does Grunlich confront about Morten's relationship with Tony?
(c) Tony's father.
(d) Morten's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Consul decide to send Tony to a boarding school?
2. In "Part II," what does the Consul write about in his journal?
3. In "Part II," what does Tony have for breakfast each morning?
4. In "Part I," who is the first guest to arrive at Buddenbrook house?
5. How does the wealth of the Krogers compare to the wealth of the Buddenbrooks?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)