|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony write to her mother in the second letter she sends?
(a) She asks to be sent on a vacation.
(b) She spreads rumors about Grunlich.
(c) She gives updates about her health.
(d) She announces the birth of her daughter.
2. What did the Buddenbrooks do during the war with Napoleon?
(a) They hid in England.
(b) They boarded French troops.
(c) They helped build navy ships.
(d) They joined the army.
3. Where do the men go after dinner in "Part I"?
(a) The sitting room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A local pub.
4. Why does the Consul initially want to pay Gotthold the money in "Part I"?
(a) Because he wants to upset his father.
(b) Because he is fond of Gotthold.
(c) Because of his religious beliefs.
(d) Because of a legal contract.
5. In "Part III," who does Grunlich confront about Morten's relationship with Tony?
(b) Tony's father.
(c) Morten's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part II," what does the Consul write about in his journal?
2. How do Morten's political views compare to Tony's?
3. In "Part II," what does the Consul about love in his marriage to Elizabeth?
4. Where does Grunlich die?
5. Why was Gotthold cut off from family money?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)