|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Consul want to see if Tony loves Grunlich in "Part IV"?
(a) To know if he should invest money in Grunlich.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To know if he was wrong.
(d) To know if he should send his daughter on vacation.
2. How does Gotthold tell the Buddenbrook family he wants money?
(a) He sends a telegram to his mother.
(b) He sends a letter to the Consul.
(c) He visits his grandfather.
(d) He writes in to a newspaper.
3. During the riot in "Part IV," what is Kroger worried about?
(a) His health.
(b) His daughter's safety.
(c) His carriage arriving.
(d) His money he has hidden.
4. In "Part III,, what interrupts Tom's secret romance with Anna?
(a) A business trip.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Tony's wedding.
(d) His religion.
5. How does the older generation feel about Napoleon?
(a) They feel he was a great man.
(b) They feel he was misunderstood.
(c) They feel he was nothing to fear.
(d) They feel he was a tyrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tony say she will consider Grunlich's proposal?
2. What do the men argue about after dinner in "Part I"?
3. In "Part IV," why does Grunlich tell Tony she can't have a nanny?
4. What day of the week do the Buddenbrooks gather at the Buddenbrook house?
5. In "Part II," how does the Consul describe Christian in comparison to Tom?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)