|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part I," whose lap does Antonie sit on when she recites her catechism?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
2. How does Tony get her face scratched by Julie?
(a) While they try to stop falling down a hill.
(b) While she is sleeping.
(c) When she shoves Julie down a hill.
(d) When she tries to avoid kissing Hermann.
3. Why does Tony tell Morten about Grunlich's proposal?
(a) She is nervous and blurts it out.
(b) She wants him to fight with Grunlich.
(c) She wants him to leave her alone.
(d) She wants him to know the truth.
4. How do Morten's political views compare to Tony's?
(a) He is less interested in politics.
(b) He is more liberal.
(c) He is more conservative.
(d) They are similar.
5. How does Tony describe her first impression of Grunlich?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part III," what does Morten do when Tony invites him to spend time with her friends?
2. In "Part II," what does Tony have for breakfast each morning?
3. Why does Gotthold feel he should receive some of the Buddenbrook family money?
4. Why do Tony's parents think Grunlich is a good match for her?
5. How does the wealth of the Krogers compare to the wealth of the Buddenbrooks?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)