|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tony say she will consider Grunlich's proposal?
(a) When Grunlich buys her jewelry.
(b) When Grunlich cries.
(c) When her parents threaten her.
(d) When Grunlich writes a poem.
2. How does Tony get her face scratched by Julie?
(a) While she is sleeping.
(b) When she tries to avoid kissing Hermann.
(c) When she shoves Julie down a hill.
(d) While they try to stop falling down a hill.
3. Why does the Consul decide to send Tony to a boarding school?
(a) Because she starts scaring strangers in the street.
(b) Because she stops working in school.
(c) Because she gets into a fight with a boy.
(d) Because she starts stealing from stores.
4. What is the original purpose of Grunlich's visit to the Consul in "Part III"?
(a) A friendly visit.
(b) To take a survey.
5. What do the men argue about after dinner in "Part I"?
(b) Recent science developments.
(c) The arts.
(d) The reunification of Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Consul believe Johann blames Gotthold for the death of Josephine?
2. What month does Tony marry Grunlich?
3. Where do the Krogers have an estate?
4. In "Part I," whose lap does Antonie sit on when she recites her catechism?
5. In "Part II," what does the Consul about love in his marriage to Elizabeth?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)