|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the original purpose of Grunlich's visit to the Consul in "Part III"?
(a) To take a survey.
(d) A friendly visit.
2. Why does the Consul initially want to pay Gotthold the money in "Part I"?
(a) Because of a legal contract.
(b) Because he wants to upset his father.
(c) Because of his religious beliefs.
(d) Because he is fond of Gotthold.
3. In "Part II," what does the Consul write about in his journal?
(a) The birth of his daughter.
(b) His marriage.
(c) News about Germany's army.
(d) His father's behavior.
4. In "Part I," who is the first guest to arrive at Buddenbrook house?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The poet.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The counselman.
5. How much time has passed between "Part I" and "Part II"?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wealth of the Krogers compare to the wealth of the Buddenbrooks?
2. Why does Gotthold feel he should receive some of the Buddenbrook family money?
3. In "Part I," what aspect of the Buddenbrook home do the guests discuss?
4. Where do the men go after dinner in "Part I"?
5. What years is it in the beginning of "Part I"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)