|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part II," how many female servants does Elizabeth have?
2. What does the Consul do after being left Johann's business?
(a) Brings Tom into the business.
(b) Tries to sell the business.
(c) Hires Christian.
(d) Calls Gotthold for help.
3. Why does Tony decide to return home with Erica in "Part VI"?
(a) She doesn't say why she's coming home.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) Her lack of money.
(d) Her husband's behavior.
4. What does Tom assume Christian will do with the money he gives him in "Part VI"?
(a) Become a partner in a new business.
(b) Start his own business.
(c) Use it to gamble.
(d) Spend it on women.
5. How does Tony feel about the selling the family house?
(a) She wants more money for it.
(b) She doesn't have an opinion about the sale.
(c) She is against it.
(d) She wants to donate the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part V," what does Christian do when he comes into the office?
2. In "Part X," why does Tom say he can't become a high-level politician?
3. What does Permaneder agree to do when he divorces Tony?
4. In "Part VIII," why is there a celebration for the Buddenbrook firm?
5. What does the head of the Schwartzkopf family do for a living?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)