|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johann do the night a riot breaks out in front of his house?
(a) He attends a meeting.
(b) He decides to move.
(c) He writes to his brother.
(d) He goes into hiding.
2. Why does Tony tell Morten about Grunlich's proposal?
(a) She is nervous and blurts it out.
(b) She wants him to know the truth.
(c) She wants him to leave her alone.
(d) She wants him to fight with Grunlich.
3. In "Part I," what does the Consul's mother tell him to do about Gotthold's demand for money?
(a) Wait to tell his father.
(b) Sue him.
(c) Send him a little money.
(d) Ignore the request.
4. In "Part III," what does Morten do when Tony invites him to spend time with her friends?
(a) He is too shy to talk with them.
(b) He insults a few of them.
(c) He tells her he has to leave town.
(d) He decides to read alone instead.
5. After spending time with the Krogers in "Part II," how does Tony change?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She becomes spoiled.
(c) She becomes fearful.
(d) She becomes educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part IV," where does Tom go on business?
2. What does the Consul do after being left Johann's business?
3. Where do the Krogers have an estate?
4. In "Part II," what does the Consul say about Johann's second marriage?
5. How does the Buddenbrook dinner end in "Part I"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)