|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part VII," why does Christian say he has gone into debt?
(a) He didn't want to take money from his business.
(b) He never learned to keep his books.
(c) He has been borrowing money to gamble with.
(d) He has been using credit to pay for things.
2. In "Part V," why does Tony want to take a vacation?
(a) Because she has extra money to spend.
(b) Because she wants to be alone.
(c) Because she wants to study abroad.
(d) Because she is bored.
3. In "Part II," how does the Consul describe Christian in comparison to Tom?
(a) He is better with business matters.
(b) He is less responsible.
(c) He is more angry.
(d) He is less serious.
4. In "Part IV," what does Grunlich do to keep Tony from visiting people?
(a) He screens her mail before she reads it.
(b) He won't buy her new shoes.
(c) He won't let her write invitations.
(d) He refuses to buy a carriage.
5. In "Part II," how many female servants does Elizabeth have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the head of the Schwartzkopf family do for a living?
2. In "Part IV," what are the lower classes insisting upon?
3. How does Grunlich propose marriage to Tony?
4. Why does the Consul decide to sent Tony to their beach house in "Part III"?
5. Why does the Consul take Tony and Erica home with him?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)