|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frau Consul suffer from an infection in "Part IX"?
(a) Her blood.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her lungs.
2. While Tony is away in Munich, what does Christian do that upsets Tom?
(a) He goes out frequently.
(b) He starts gambling.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He starts reading radical literature.
3. What does Tom assume Christian will do with the money he gives him in "Part VI"?
(a) Start his own business.
(b) Become a partner in a new business.
(c) Spend it on women.
(d) Use it to gamble.
4. How does Grunlich propose marriage to Tony?
(a) He sends her a contract.
(b) He asks her mother.
(c) In person.
(d) With a letter.
5. What does the head of the Schwartzkopf family do for a living?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a pilot.
(d) He is an author.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Permaneder comes to the Buddenbrook home in "Part VI," what confuses Frau Consul at first?
2. In "Part VI," what is it rumored Christian said about businessmen?
3. Who attends Frau Consul's funeral?
4. Why does Christian want to adopt a woman's children?
5. In "Part VI," why does Tom want Tony to return to Munich?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)