1. What years is it in the beginning of "Part I"?
2. In "Part I," whose lap does Antonie sit on when she recites her catechism?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
3. What day of the week do the Buddenbrooks gather at the Buddenbrook house?
4. In "Part I," who is the first guest to arrive at Buddenbrook house?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The counselman.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The poet.
5. What does Herr Gratjens do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a broker.
(d) He is a pastor.
6. How did Johann Buddenbrook acquire Buddenbrook home?
(a) He built it himself.
(b) His firm acquired it.
(c) He was left it in a will.
(d) He bought it from his mother.
7. How does Gotthold tell the Buddenbrook family he wants money?
(a) He writes in to a newspaper.
(b) He sends a telegram to his mother.
(c) He visits his grandfather.
(d) He sends a letter to the Consul.
This section contains 4,859 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)