• The Buddenbrooks are a prominent German family in 1835.
• The Buddenbrooks have dinners every Thursday where many people attend.
• The Buddenbrooks and their guests discuss Napoleon and Germany.
• Gotthold, the Consul's half-brother, writes demanding for family money.
• Johann Buddenbrook decides to deny Gotthold any money.
• The Consul and Elizabeth have a baby girl.
• When Johann dies, the Consul inherits the business and brings his oldest son to work with him.
• Tony, who spends the summers with the Krogers, is sent to boarding school.
• Gotthold asks about money at his father's funeral. The Consul denies him.
• A businessman, Grunlich, shows interested in Tony even though she dislikes him.
• Tony's parents want her to marry Grunlich.
• Tony spends the summer at a beach house where she meets Morten.
• Tony's parents disapprove of Morten.
• Tony marries Grunlich.
• Tony has a daughter named Erica.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)