|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud have for breakfast?
2. What is Bud's mother doing in the picture he has of her in his suitcase?
3. Why does Bud move the shotgun?
(a) So that he doesn't use it to shoot them.
(b) So they do not shoot themselves accidently.
(c) So that he doesn't bump it as he is leaving.
(d) So they do not use it on him as he escapes.
4. Which of the following does Todd say to scare Bud as Mr. Amos prepares to take Bud toward his punishment?
(a) No water and no food.
(b) Piles of dog waste and worms.
(c) Flesh eating bigs and ghosts.
(d) Puddles of blood and freakish insects.
5. In what way did Bud consider the relationship between himself and Ms. Hill?
(a) He thought of her as a mentor.
(b) He thought of them as acquaintances.
(c) He thought of them as friends.
(d) He thought of her as a surrogate mother.
6. What story does Bud recount for Bugs that Bugs had already heard about?
(a) His story about the librarian moving.
(b) His time in the barn with the hornets.
(c) His fight with Todd Amos.
(d) His Momma's sayings about hope.
7. What happens during Bud's first trick?
(a) Nothing immediately.
(b) Todd wakes up and gets mad.
(c) Bud slips and falls, spilling water on himself.
(d) Todd urinates in bed.
8. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
(d) Life secrets.
9. Which of the following is not true about Bud's suitcase?
(a) It is his only means of staying connected to his family.
(b) It can be rearranged and changed regularly.
(c) It is filled with things he and his mother shared.
(d) It holds symbols of things Bud can control.
10. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
(a) Screaming goodbye to Todd.
(b) Pouring water on Todd in his bed.
(c) Placing Todd's hand in warm water.
(d) Urinating on Todd in his bed.
11. What did Todd do to Bud with a pencil?
(a) Pushed it into his toe.
(b) Shoved it up his nose.
(c) Threw it like it was a spear.
(d) Stabbed him in the arm.
12. What is Bud given to take with him?
(a) Bowl and cup.
(b) Suitcase and pillow.
(c) Blanket and pillow.
(d) Food and water.
13. In what state did Bud live with his mother when she died?
14. What does Bud believe the hornet's nest is that he sees on the ceiling?
(a) Fish heads.
(c) Vampire bat.
(d) Skull of a cow.
15. How much older than Bud is Todd?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bud trying to find as he sets out after leaving the Amos house?
2. Where does Bud have breakfast at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Which of the following characters makes it onto the train to Chicago?
4. Which of the following pictures does this novel provide insight into at the beginning?
5. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)