|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this chapter end with?
(a) Click of padlock.
(b) Bud's screams.
(c) Jerry's arrival.
(d) Mr. Amos whipping Bud.
2. Why did the new librarian think that Bud particularly liked Civil War books?
(a) Because that is what he asked for.
(b) Because she always gave them to him.
(c) Because he was a young boy and that is the type of books they liked.
(d) Because he referred to the civil war in conversations.
3. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
(a) He has no adult helping him.
(b) His father abandoned him.
(c) He has been in horrible life situations.
(d) He is an orphan.
4. What do Bud's rules provide for him?
(a) A way to log his life.
(b) A bit of humor.
(c) A tracking system of torture.
(d) A way to get back at Todd.
5. Which of the following does Todd say to scare Bud as Mr. Amos prepares to take Bud toward his punishment?
(a) Puddles of blood and freakish insects.
(b) Flesh eating bigs and ghosts.
(c) No water and no food.
(d) Piles of dog waste and worms.
6. Where does Bud have breakfast at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) He has to skip breakfast.
(b) At the cardboard jungle.
(c) At the shelter.
(d) Near the train.
7. What would Billy often brag about to the other kids at the orphanage?
(a) He could beat any of them up.
(b) He knew who his mother and father were.
(c) He knew how to get away from the orphanage.
(d) He was the leader of all of the boys at the orphanage.
8. What are the metal bars on the library an example of for Bud?
(a) They are an example of Bud's inability to find peace.
(b) They are an example of how things have changed since he entered the orphanage.
(c) They are an example of how closed in he feels.
(d) They are an example of how untrusting society has become.
9. How does Bud feel toward the family who helped him?
10. What coin did Billy often pretend could speak?
11. What is Bud's mother doing in the picture he has of her in his suitcase?
12. How much older than Bud is Todd?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
13. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
(a) He cheers.
(b) He fights it.
(c) He yells and screams.
(d) He cries.
14. What happened to his favorite librarian?
(a) She was fired.
(b) She died.
(c) She got married and moved.
(d) She quit the library.
15. Where is Bud's suitcase hidden?
(a) In the shed.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) At the orphanage.
(d) Under the dinner table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bud suddenly less scared about taking off on his journey to Chicago now that he has reconnected with Bugs?
2. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
3. Which of the following best describes Bud in the Amos household?
4. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
5. What story does Bud recount for Bugs that Bugs had already heard about?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)