|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hang on the barn's door?
(a) Fish heads.
(b) Vampire bats.
(d) Skulls of a cow.
2. Which of the following characters makes it onto the train to Chicago?
(a) Ms. Hill.
3. What does Todd call Bud as his final jab in his scheme to constantly get Bud in trouble?
(c) Bed wetter.
4. What does Bud indicate is his most prized possession?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His blanket.
(c) His father's address.
(d) His suitcase.
5. Why does Bud move the shotgun?
(a) So they do not use it on him as he escapes.
(b) So they do not shoot themselves accidently.
(c) So that he doesn't bump it as he is leaving.
(d) So that he doesn't use it to shoot them.
6. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
(a) He cries.
(b) He fights it.
(c) He yells and screams.
(d) He cheers.
7. What is page powder?
(a) Baby powder.
(b) Corn starch.
(c) Book page dust.
(d) Powder kept in the library.
8. What does Bud sense in the family members with whom he is sharing breakfast?
9. Which of the following terms best describes the new librarian to whom Bud begins to talk?
10. How does Bud feel toward the family who helped him?
11. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
(c) Life secrets.
12. What cause scrapes on Bud as he tries to get out of the barn?
(b) Fish heads.
13. What does Bud hope to be able to do at the library to make his home away from home seem complete?
(a) Find a place on a shelf to sleep.
(b) Find the book his mother used to read to him.
(c) Reserve his favorite books so they are always there.
(d) See his favorite librarian.
14. How does Bud use the memory of his mother's saying?
(a) He uses it to reassure himself that things will change for him soon.
(b) He uses it to justify his actions.
(c) He uses it to comfort himself about his mother.
(d) He uses it to get through the night.
15. Where does Bud go for breakfast?
(a) Local shelter.
(b) Local elementary school.
(d) Local restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of how Bud feels at the thought of being on his own?
3. What does Bud dream about often and then worry about really happening?
4. Which of the following characters sneaks up on Bud and surprises him?
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Billy?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)