|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Todd call Bud as his final jab in his scheme to constantly get Bud in trouble?
(d) Bed wetter.
2. What was the last straw for Bud which helped him decide that he had to leave the Amos household?
(a) The Amos family going through his suitcase.
(b) The sight of the gun lying in an open area.
(c) Todd's constant physical abuse.
(d) Being locked in the barn.
3. Which of the following is a saying that Bud remembers his mother always using?
(a) Life is just a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get.
(b) As one door closes, another one opens.
(c) It's raining cats and dogs.
(d) A stitch in time saves nine.
4. Which of the following is not true about Bud's suitcase?
(a) It can be rearranged and changed regularly.
(b) It is filled with things he and his mother shared.
(c) It is his only means of staying connected to his family.
(d) It holds symbols of things Bud can control.
5. Where does Bud go for breakfast?
(b) Local shelter.
(c) Local elementary school.
(d) Local restaurant.
6. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
(b) Life secrets.
7. In what state did Bud live with his mother when she died?
8. What does Bud sense in the family members with whom he is sharing breakfast?
9. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
(a) He is relieved and elated.
(b) He is happy but reluctant.
(c) He is worried but relieved.
(d) He is sad but resigned.
10. What does Bugs do with Bud's suitcase?
(a) Takes care of it for Bud.
(b) Hides it from the other passengers.
(c) Throws it off the train.
(d) Opens it and goes through it.
11. What does Bud do to the hornet's nest?
(a) Smacks it.
(b) Avoids it.
(c) Spills water on it.
(d) Knocks it down.
12. What is Bud's mother doing in the picture he has of her in his suitcase?
13. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
(a) He can barely remember them anymore.
(b) They provide him with the rules to live by.
(c) They never had any real conversations.
(d) They are all the same.
14. What does the new librarian give to Bud other than the library book?
(a) A picture.
(b) Her lunch.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A tablet.
15. To which character does Bud flash back to during this chapter?
(a) Billy Burns.
(b) Todd Amos.
(c) Ms. Hill.
(d) Deza Malone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
2. On what topic is the book that the new librarian gives Bud?
3. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about Jerry's new home?
4. What does the reader realize that Bud really liked about Ms. Hill?
5. What happens when Bud smacks the hornet's nest?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)