|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family who helps Bud help him to do?
(a) Find his father.
(b) Make friends with the shelter workers.
(c) Get food.
(d) Find a place to sleep.
2. To which character does Bud flash back to during this chapter?
(a) Ms. Hill.
(b) Todd Amos.
(c) Billy Burns.
(d) Deza Malone.
3. Why do residents of the cardboard jungle wake each other up?
(a) So that they do not miss breakfast.
(b) So that they can put away their homes for the day.
(c) So that the police do not arrest them.
(d) So that no one will miss the train.
4. Who is Bud trying to find as he sets out after leaving the Amos house?
(a) His best friend, Jerry.
(b) His mother's grave.
(c) A new foster family.
(d) His father.
5. Which of the following is a nickname that Bud's mother did not want him to use?
6. Which of the following was one of the ways Bud and Bugs would tease Billy?
(a) Telling him that they were going to beat him up.
(b) Telling him that he lost his favorite nickel.
(c) Telling him that he did not know who his parents were.
(d) Telling him that his mother had forgotten him.
7. Which of the following does Todd say to scare Bud as Mr. Amos prepares to take Bud toward his punishment?
(a) Piles of dog waste and worms.
(b) No water and no food.
(c) Flesh eating bigs and ghosts.
(d) Puddles of blood and freakish insects.
8. What does Bud wonder about while he is at the library?
(a) Where he will find lunch.
(b) Where he will sleep that night.
(c) Where he will go next.
(d) Where the other librarian is.
9. Where is Bud banished by Ms. Amos?
10. What does Bud have for breakfast?
11. Where was Bud's suitcase when he got out of the barn and escaped from the hornets?
(a) Where he left it.
(b) In Todd's bedroom.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Completely missing.
12. What happens when Bud smacks the hornet's nest?
(a) Fish heads fall out of it..
(b) It falls and hits Bud on the head.
(c) The bees attack him.
(d) A hollow sound echos.
13. What would have happened to Bud had the family not helped him?
(a) He would have had to move onto another city.
(b) He would have had to eat alone.
(c) He would have been banished from the shelter.
(d) He would have been hungry for at least another mealtime.
14. In what state did Bud live with his mother when she died?
15. Why does Bud want Todd to be a bed wetter?
(a) Because it will get Todd in trouble with his parents.
(b) Because it is a humiliating experience.
(c) Because Todd called Bud a bed wetter.
(d) Because he wanted to be able to laugh at Todd one time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes the character of Todd?
2. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
3. What does Bud hope to be able to do at the library to make his home away from home seem complete?
4. Why is Jerry worried about going to his new home?
5. What kind of promise did Bud make with Bugs?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)