|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bud trying to find as he sets out after leaving the Amos house?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother's grave.
(c) His best friend, Jerry.
(d) A new foster family.
2. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
(b) Life secrets.
3. On what topic is the book that the new librarian gives Bud?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
4. Why can Bud find information easily in the library?
(a) Because he is perseverant at searching.
(b) Because he uses the card catalogue.
(c) Because the library is the same as it was before.
(d) Because the librarian leaves the information he wants out.
5. How does Bud learn that he will not be able to see his favorite librarian?
(a) Another kind librarian tells him.
(b) He sees her and she tells him that she is leaving.
(c) He overhears two patrons talking about it.
(d) He reads about it in the paper.
6. How is Bud treated in relation to the family who helps him out?
(a) He is treated in a poorer manner than they are.
(b) He is treated better than they are.
(c) He is treated as if he does not exist.
(d) He is treated with the same respect as they are.
7. What hang on the barn's door?
(a) Vampire bats.
(b) Fish heads.
(d) Skulls of a cow.
8. What does the mother in the family share with Bud?
(a) Brown sugar.
9. What name did the family who helped Bud call him?
10. How old are both Bud and Jerry at this point in the novel?
11. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
(a) He is sad but resigned.
(b) He is worried but relieved.
(c) He is relieved and elated.
(d) He is happy but reluctant.
12. What appears to be Bud's most important possession?
(a) Five letters from his mother.
(b) Five lost teeth.
(c) Five blue flyers.
(d) Five pages from Jerry.
13. What does Bud believe the hornet's nest is that he sees on the ceiling?
(a) Vampire bat.
(b) Skull of a cow.
(d) Fish heads.
14. What trick does Bud want to play on Todd before he leaves?
(a) Put hornets in his bed with him while he sleeps.
(b) Short sheet his bed while he sleeps.
(c) Put shaving cream in his hand while he sleeps.
(d) Place his hand in warm water while he sleeps.
15. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
(a) They are all the same.
(b) They never had any real conversations.
(c) They provide him with the rules to live by.
(d) He can barely remember them anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bud head when he sets out after leaving the Amos house?
2. Why does Bud believe Todd was mean and manipulative to him?
3. What does this chapter end with?
4. How does Bud feel toward the family who helped him?
5. What cause scrapes on Bud as he tries to get out of the barn?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)