|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coin did Billy often pretend could speak?
2. Why is Bud allowed to stay in the food line when he shows up late?
(a) He begged the workers explaining how hungry he was.
(b) He snuck into the line.
(c) He was under the age of fifteen which allows him to eat at any time.
(d) A family pretended he was their son.
3. What does Mr. Calloway think Bud is?
(a) A spy.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
4. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
(a) He is relieved and elated.
(b) He is sad but resigned.
(c) He is worried but relieved.
(d) He is happy but reluctant.
5. What did Lefty send to Bud's dad?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bud dream about often and then worry about really happening?
2. Which of the following does Todd say to scare Bud as Mr. Amos prepares to take Bud toward his punishment?
3. What does the policeman discuss before letting them go on to Grand Rapids?
4. What simple thing that most people take for granted surprised and made Bud happy?
5. How does Lefty refer to Bud?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)