|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud refuse to allow Mr. Amos or the other family members to notice?
(a) His disgust and terror.
(b) His relief at being away from them.
(c) His fear and anger.
(d) His desperate need to belong.
2. In what state did Bud live with his mother when she died?
3. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about the presence of the police?
4. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
(a) He fights it.
(b) He cries.
(c) He yells and screams.
(d) He cheers.
5. What time period does this story take place?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(d) Roaring 20s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters makes it onto the train to Chicago?
2. Which of the following can be said to be true about the influence Bud's mother had on him?
3. Which of the following words describes what Bud must do to get breakfast?
4. Which of the following best describes how Bud is feeling at this point in the novel?
5. Which of the following is not true about Bud's suitcase?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)