|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bud treated in relation to the family who helps him out?
(a) He is treated in a poorer manner than they are.
(b) He is treated as if he does not exist.
(c) He is treated better than they are.
(d) He is treated with the same respect as they are.
2. Why did the new librarian think that Bud particularly liked Civil War books?
(a) Because that is what he asked for.
(b) Because she always gave them to him.
(c) Because he referred to the civil war in conversations.
(d) Because he was a young boy and that is the type of books they liked.
3. What kind of promise did Bud make with Bugs?
4. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
(a) He can barely remember them anymore.
(b) They are all the same.
(c) They never had any real conversations.
(d) They provide him with the rules to live by.
5. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
(a) Pouring water on Todd in his bed.
(b) Screaming goodbye to Todd.
(c) Urinating on Todd in his bed.
(d) Placing Todd's hand in warm water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause scrapes on Bud as he tries to get out of the barn?
2. What does Bud believe the hornet's nest is that he sees on the ceiling?
3. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
4. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
5. How does Bud use the memory of his mother's saying?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)