|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bud believe Todd was mean and manipulative to him?
(a) To protect his parents.
(b) Because he is the oldest.
(c) Because Bud is an orphan.
(d) To defend himself.
2. What does Bud wonder about in regards to his suitcase?
(a) Whether or not it is safe.
(b) Whether or not the Amos family has opened it.
(c) Whether or not Todd found it.
(d) Whether or not he can get it again.
3. What are both Bud and Jerry concerned about in regard to their new home?
(a) That it may be abusive.
(b) That it may be permanent.
(c) That it may be dirty.
(d) That it may be temporary.
4. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about the presence of the police?
5. Why do residents of the cardboard jungle wake each other up?
(a) So that they can put away their homes for the day.
(b) So that no one will miss the train.
(c) So that they do not miss breakfast.
(d) So that the police do not arrest them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
2. What name did the family who helped Bud call him?
3. Why did the new librarian think that Bud particularly liked Civil War books?
4. Where is Bud's suitcase hidden?
5. Which of the following best describes Bud in the Amos household?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)