|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bud suddenly less scared about taking off on his journey to Chicago now that he has reconnected with Bugs?
(a) He believes things will always work out in a good way.
(b) He does not have to be the leader.
(c) He has someone to go with him and is not doing it alone.
(d) He knows his friend the librarian is in Chicago.
2. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
(a) He is happy but reluctant.
(b) He is relieved and elated.
(c) He is sad but resigned.
(d) He is worried but relieved.
3. What coin did Billy often pretend could speak?
4. In what way did Bud consider the relationship between himself and Ms. Hill?
(a) He thought of her as a surrogate mother.
(b) He thought of her as a mentor.
(c) He thought of them as friends.
(d) He thought of them as acquaintances.
5. What does Bud wonder about while he is at the library?
(a) Where the other librarian is.
(b) Where he will sleep that night.
(c) Where he will find lunch.
(d) Where he will go next.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
2. Where is Bud's suitcase hidden?
3. How does Bud use the memory of his mother's saying?
4. Which of the following is not true about Bud's suitcase?
5. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)