|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period does this story take place?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) Roaring 20s.
2. What does Bud hope to do after he escapes from the angry hornets?
(a) Go out on his own.
(b) Move back into the house.
(c) Return to the orphanage.
(d) Hide from the Amos family.
3. Which of the following types of issues are present for Bud in the Amos household?
4. What does Bud dream about often and then worry about really happening?
(a) Losing his best friend.
(b) Losing a tooth.
(c) Returning to the same orphanage.
(d) Moving into another orphanage.
5. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
(a) He has no adult helping him.
(b) He has been in horrible life situations.
(c) He is an orphan.
(d) His father abandoned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last straw for Bud which helped him decide that he had to leave the Amos household?
2. What did Todd do to Bud with a pencil?
3. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
4. What is important to Bud about the contents of his suitcase that was disturbed by the Amos family?
5. How old are both Bud and Jerry at this point in the novel?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)