|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who imprisoned Filippo in 1434?
2. How many months before the consecration of the Santa Maria del Fiore dome did Lorenzo's position as capomaestro end?
3. When did Filippo die?
4. What was the name of the carpenter who helped Filippo create his lantern design for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What type of operation was bronze casting in the middle ages?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
3. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
4. What happened to Filippo in August 1434 after the meeting with the wardens?
5. In what order did the capomaestros die?
6. What do modern commentators believe that the story of the tower of Babel tried to account for?
7. What did Lorenzo do to aggravate the wardens?
8. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
9. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
10. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Making sure that he had the correct bricks and mortar for the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore was important to Filippo. Discuss why it was so important to Filippo to have a certain type of bricks and mortar for the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore. Was he always this particular about his building materials?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that Lorenzo and Filippo's relationship had on the construction at Santa Maria del Fiore.
Essay Topic 3
Filippo's commission to create the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore had a great impact on his life. Discuss how the creation of the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore impacted Flippo's life using examples from the book.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)