|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the majority of the exterior of the Santa Maria del Fiore tiled in?
2. Whose iron rod model was destroyed after Filippo presented his model?
3. Who plagiarized Filippo's lantern design?
4. Whose was the only other body entombed in the building where Filippo's body was entombed?
5. How many different types of bricks were required in the construction of the cupola at the Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pope Eugenius IV do at the beginning of the Feast of Annunciation in 1436?
2. How did Filippo provide for the workman's safety at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
4. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
5. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
6. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
7. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. In what order did the capomaestros die?
9. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
10. What type of problems have been caused by large buildings throughout history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Black Plague haunted Florence for years after its first appearance in the city. Discuss the impact that the Black Death had on Florence and the construction of the Santa Maria Del Fiore.
Essay Topic 2
One of the last designing contests for the Santa Maria del Fiore was the contest to design a lantern for the peak of the dome. Discuss the criteria that was used for judging the contest and whether that criteria was subjective or objective.
Essay Topic 3
Brunelleschi's work on the Santa Maria del Fiore made a major impact on how he was viewed by the citizens of Florence. Discuss how Brunelleschi's work changed his reputation among the citizens of Florence and how he was regarded by the people of Florence because of his work.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)