|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did those participating in the dome designing contest have to complete their proposals?
2. How much did the sandstone beams used at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
3. When did construction begin on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. What did the majority of architectural commissions that Filippo received in 1419 include?
5. How many trees had been ordered for the platforms and scaffolds at Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was construction like on the hoist for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. What happened in the wooden chain designing contest for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. Who was Nonius Datus?
4. What was the most important religious feast of Brunelleschi's time?
5. What were the remarkable features of Filippo's hoist?
6. Who was Lorenzo Ghiberti?
7. What happened during the religious feasts of Brunelleschi's time?
8. What was Rome like in the 1400s?
9. Why did many Florentine artists in Filippo's time have a dim view of marriage?
10. Why were Filippo and Lorenzo such strong rivals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the role of the warden to the role of Brunelleschi and Ghiberti in the construction of the Santa Maria del Fiore.
Essay Topic 2
Flippo experienced conflicts with fellow architects. Discuss the conflicts that Flippo experienced and how these conflicts affected Flippo and his work.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that Lorenzo and Filippo's relationship had on the construction at Santa Maria del Fiore.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)