|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a rota magna?
2. How long did those participating in the dome designing contest have to complete their proposals?
3. When was Historia Florentinorum written?
4. What river bank downstream from Florence did Filippo have leveled in 1420?
5. How did the author describe the hills surrounding Florence in the 1400s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the work schedule like of the laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. What was considered the grandest building project in Florence in the 1400s?
3. How did master builders during Filippo's time regulate the curvature of domes?
4. Who was Nonius Datus?
5. How were stones tested for quality?
6. Who was Lorenzo Ghiberti?
7. What caused a decision to be delayed in the dome designing contest for the Santa Maria Del Fiore?
8. What projects did Lorenzo create during his career?
9. What was Filippo's appearance like when he was in his forties?
10. What remarkable thing happened in Filippo's career in 1419?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the role of the warden to the role of Brunelleschi and Ghiberti in the construction of the Santa Maria del Fiore.
Essay Topic 2
Brunelleschi chose to pursue a career that his father did not choose for him. Discuss how Brunelleschi's choice affected his relationship with his father.
Essay Topic 3
Brunelleschi's work on the Santa Maria del Fiore made a major impact on how he was viewed by the citizens of Florence. Discuss how Brunelleschi's work changed his reputation among the citizens of Florence and how he was regarded by the people of Florence because of his work.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)