|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall did contemporary tests determine that Filippo had been?
(a) 5 feet 6 inches.
(b) 5 feet 4 inches.
(c) 5 feet 7 inches.
(d) 5 feet 5 inches.
2. What war did Florence end in 1414?
(a) War with the Kingdom of Naples.
(b) War with the Kingdom of Milan.
(c) War with the Kingdom of Venice.
(d) War with the Kingdom of Rome.
3. Why was Lorenzo immune from arrest in 1433?
(a) He had joined the Masons Guild.
(b) He paid his dues.
(c) He bargained with the guild to avoid arrest.
(d) He was friends with the group that was arresting people.
4. When was Filippo's body laid to rest?
(a) May 15, 1446.
(b) May 17, 1446.
(c) May 18, 1446.
(d) May 16, 1446.
5. How many scenes were in "Doors of Paradise"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose iron rod model was destroyed after Filippo presented his model?
2. Who commissioned a plaster cast of Filippo's head after his death?
3. From what town in Italy did bianchi marmi marble come from?
4. From the Renaissance on what did most domes have at the top?
5. Who imprisoned Filippo in 1434?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
2. In what order did the capomaestros die?
3. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
4. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
6. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
7. What did Lorenzo do to aggravate the wardens?
8. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
9. How was marble extracted at Carrara?
10. Why was the quality of the mortar very important in the construction of the dome?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)