|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction did the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore wind on the way up?
2. How many pounds did the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
3. What type of diversity did the story of the Tower of Babel account for?
4. How many miles from Florence was the town that bianchi marmi came from?
5. What type of operation was bronze casting in the middle ages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Italian artist used bianchi marmi marble for his statues?
2. In what year did Lorenzo Ghiberti complete "Doors of Paradise"?
3. How many years had the residents of Florence been waiting to see the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore completed?
4. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
5. Who was the pope in 1436?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
3. What did Filippo propose to the wardens when Santa Maria del Fiore began to show cracks in 1429?
4. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
6. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
7. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
8. Discuss the fresco that decorated the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore.
9. Why were lanterns such an important part of domes in the Renaissance?
10. How did Filippo provide for the workman's safety at Santa Maria del Fiore?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)