|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of diversity did the story of the Tower of Babel account for?
2. When was the first stone of the lantern at Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
(a) March 1446.
(b) April 1446.
(c) June 1446.
(d) May 1446.
3. What feat of physical prowess did Leon Battista Alberti accomplish?
(a) Creating a new invention.
(b) Piercing an iron breastplate with an arrow.
(c) Slaying a huge beast.
(d) Carrying loads of heavy stone on his back.
4. What was the name of the carpenter who helped Filippo create his lantern design for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Antonio di Ciaccheri Manetti.
(b) Antonio Niolis.
(c) Antonio Ghiberti.
(d) Antonio Bianchi.
5. How many sets of stairs were in Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had it taken to build the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. What famous member of the Medici family was exiled in 1433?
3. Who wrote "Divine Comedy"?
4. How old was Filippo when he died?
5. What skill did Filippo have according to his biographer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. What type of problems have been caused by large buildings throughout history?
3. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
5. Discuss the fresco that decorated the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore.
6. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
7. Why were bricks carefully regulated in Florence?
8. What did Filippo propose to the wardens when Santa Maria del Fiore began to show cracks in 1429?
9. What did Lorenzo do to aggravate the wardens?
10. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)