|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the carpenter who helped Filippo create his lantern design for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Antonio Bianchi.
(b) Antonio Ghiberti.
(c) Antonio di Ciaccheri Manetti.
(d) Antonio Niolis.
2. What were the ties made of that were used to stabilize the walls in the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(d) Iron and wood.
3. At what pier in Santa Maria del Fiore did the steps begin?
4. What type of problems did buildings of large dimensions cause?
(a) Time restraints.
5. What famous member of the Medici family was exiled in 1433?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Battista d' Antonio when he died?
2. From the Renaissance on what did most domes have at the top?
3. What did a bishop have concerns about in the fifteenth century regarding Florence's churches?
4. What was Lorenzo notorious for in Florence?
5. How many sets of stairs were in Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Filippo in August 1434 after the meeting with the wardens?
2. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
3. Why were lanterns such an important part of domes in the Renaissance?
4. Why was the quality of the mortar very important in the construction of the dome?
5. In what order did the capomaestros die?
6. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
7. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
8. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
9. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
10. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)