|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commissioned a plaster cast of Filippo's head after his death?
(a) The Opera.
(b) Filippo's son.
(c) Lorenzo Ghiberti.
(d) The Wardens.
2. How many colors of marble were ordered to cover the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. At what pier in Santa Maria del Fiore did the steps begin?
4. How many months before the consecration of the Santa Maria del Fiore dome did Lorenzo's position as capomaestro end?
5. What did a bishop have concerns about in the fifteenth century regarding Florence's churches?
(a) Corpses defiling the church.
(b) Thieves breaking in.
(c) Corruption in the papacy.
(d) Structures not being secure.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Florentine mercenaries attack Lucca?
2. What was the largest Florentine guild of Filippo's time?
3. Who was at Filippo's side when he died?
4. Who plagiarized Filippo's lantern design?
5. What were the ties made of that were used to stabilize the walls in the Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
2. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
3. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
4. What meeting was Filippo worried about having with the wardens regarding the dome in 1426?
5. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
6. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
7. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
9. How was marble extracted at Carrara?
10. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)