|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bricks could the average kiln hold?
2. Why was Lorenzo immune from arrest in 1433?
(a) He paid his dues.
(b) He bargained with the guild to avoid arrest.
(c) He had joined the Masons Guild.
(d) He was friends with the group that was arresting people.
3. When were Filippo's remains exhumed?
4. What was the majority of the exterior of the Santa Maria del Fiore tiled in?
5. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
(a) May 1433.
(b) May 1435.
(c) May 1436.
(d) May 1434.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consecrated the first stone of the lantern at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. How old was Filippo when he died?
3. What color was bianchi marmi marble?
4. How many different types of bricks were required in the construction of the cupola at the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. When was the first stone of the lantern at Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. In what order did the capomaestros die?
4. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
6. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
7. Why was the quality of the mortar very important in the construction of the dome?
8. How did Filippo provide for the workman's safety at Santa Maria del Fiore?
9. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
10. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)