|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many colors of marble were ordered to cover the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. How many years had it taken to build the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
(a) May 1433.
(b) May 1435.
(c) May 1436.
(d) May 1434.
4. How many miles from Florence was the town that bianchi marmi came from?
5. Who commissioned a plaster cast of Filippo's head after his death?
(a) Lorenzo Ghiberti.
(b) The Opera.
(c) The Wardens.
(d) Filippo's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plagiarized Filippo's lantern design?
2. In what year were cracks discovered in the side walls of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. What was the name of the carpenter who helped Filippo create his lantern design for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How many scenes were in "Doors of Paradise"?
5. In what year was the Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
2. What do modern commentators believe that the story of the tower of Babel tried to account for?
3. Why were lanterns such an important part of domes in the Renaissance?
4. What meeting was Filippo worried about having with the wardens regarding the dome in 1426?
5. In what order did the capomaestros die?
6. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
7. What did Filippo propose to the wardens when Santa Maria del Fiore began to show cracks in 1429?
8. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
9. What did Lorenzo do to aggravate the wardens?
10. Why were bricks carefully regulated in Florence?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)