|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did the author use to describe how the people in Florence feel watching the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore being constructed?
2. What famous member of the Medici family was exiled in 1433?
3. In what year did Lorenzo Ghiberti complete "Doors of Paradise"?
4. Who described the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore as being built "circle by circle"?
(a) Filippo Strozzi.
(b) Lorenzo Strozzi.
(c) Giovanni Battista Strozzi.
(d) Leon Strozzi.
5. When was the first stone of the lantern at Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
(a) April 1446.
(b) June 1446.
(c) May 1446.
(d) March 1446.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bricks could the average kiln hold?
2. Whose was the only other body entombed in the building where Filippo's body was entombed?
3. In what direction did the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore wind on the way up?
4. How tall did contemporary tests determine that Filippo had been?
5. What was the size of a basic brick used in Florence during the 1400s?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)