|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Lorenzo Ghiberti complete "Doors of Paradise"?
2. What type of operation was bronze casting in the middle ages?
3. In what year did the beams for the dome start arriving in Florence?
4. What feast in Florence in 1436 was the most spectacular of that year?
(a) Feast of the people.
(b) Feast of Annunciation.
(c) Saint's Feast.
(d) Consecration Feast.
5. When did Filippo die?
(a) April 18, 1446.
(b) April 16, 1446.
(c) April 15, 1446.
(d) April 17, 1446.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall did contemporary tests determine that Filippo had been?
2. Who consecrated the first stone of the lantern at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. When did Florentine mercenaries attack Lucca?
4. Who described the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore as being built "circle by circle"?
5. What famous member of the Medici family was exiled in 1433?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)