|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the majority of the exterior of the Santa Maria del Fiore tiled in?
2. What were the ties made of that were used to stabilize the walls in the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(c) Iron and wood.
3. How many years did it take to fire enough bricks for the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. What was Lorenzo notorious for in Florence?
(a) Shoddy workmanship.
(b) Missing deadlines.
(c) Meeting deadlines.
(d) Hot temper.
5. How many people entered the lantern designing contest for the dome of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the city of Florence go to war with in 1424?
2. Where was Filippo's body entombed after his death?
3. Who was at Filippo's side when he died?
4. When did Filippo die?
5. Which famous Italian artist used bianchi marmi marble for his statues?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were bricks carefully regulated in Florence?
2. What type of problems have been caused by large buildings throughout history?
3. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
5. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
6. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
7. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
8. What happened to Filippo in August 1434 after the meeting with the wardens?
9. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
10. What did Filippo propose to the wardens when Santa Maria del Fiore began to show cracks in 1429?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)