|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait was Filippo not good at according to his biographer?
(a) Working with others.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Judging character.
(d) Meeting deadlines.
2. What was the view on architecture in the middle ages?
(a) Unfit profession for educated men.
(b) It was the career of the future.
(c) It was an excellent career.
(d) It was a fine art.
3. What type of problems did buildings of large dimensions cause?
(c) Time restraints.
4. How many religious feasts were held each week in Florence during Filippo's time?
5. What else did the brick makers in Florence mold in their kilns?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Italian artist used bianchi marmi marble for his statues?
2. In what year did Filippo begin rebuilding the Augustinian church of Santo Spirito?
3. Whose remains were supposed to be displayed at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
4. What word did the author use to describe how the people in Florence feel watching the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore being constructed?
5. What did a bishop have concerns about in the fifteenth century regarding Florence's churches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
3. How did Filippo provide for the workman's safety at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
6. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
7. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
8. Why was the quality of the mortar very important in the construction of the dome?
9. What type of problems have been caused by large buildings throughout history?
10. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)