|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lorenzo notorious for in Florence?
(a) Hot temper.
(b) Shoddy workmanship.
(c) Meeting deadlines.
(d) Missing deadlines.
2. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
(a) May 1435.
(b) May 1434.
(c) May 1436.
(d) May 1433.
3. What war did Florence end in 1414?
(a) War with the Kingdom of Rome.
(b) War with the Kingdom of Naples.
(c) War with the Kingdom of Milan.
(d) War with the Kingdom of Venice.
4. How many sets of stairs were in Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What famous member of the Medici family was exiled in 1433?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Filippo's body entombed after his death?
2. In what year was the Alberti clan banished from Florence?
3. When were Filippo's remains exhumed?
4. What trait was Filippo not good at according to his biographer?
5. In what direction did the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore wind on the way up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
2. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
3. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What did Filippo propose to the wardens when Santa Maria del Fiore began to show cracks in 1429?
6. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
7. In what order did the capomaestros die?
8. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
9. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
10. What happened to Filippo in August 1434 after the meeting with the wardens?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)