|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what town in Italy did bianchi marmi marble come from?
2. How many pounds did the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
3. What war did Florence end in 1414?
(a) War with the Kingdom of Naples.
(b) War with the Kingdom of Milan.
(c) War with the Kingdom of Rome.
(d) War with the Kingdom of Venice.
4. What trait was Filippo not good at according to his biographer?
(a) Meeting deadlines.
(b) Working with others.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Judging character.
5. How many different types of bricks were required in the construction of the cupola at the Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who imprisoned Filippo in 1434?
2. What fresco decorates the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. Who was at Filippo's side when he died?
4. How many years did it take to fire enough bricks for the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. From the Renaissance on what did most domes have at the top?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were lanterns such an important part of domes in the Renaissance?
2. What did Lorenzo do to aggravate the wardens?
3. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
4. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
6. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
7. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
8. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
9. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
10. Why were bricks carefully regulated in Florence?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)