|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the majority of the exterior of the Santa Maria del Fiore tiled in?
2. How many scenes were in "Doors of Paradise"?
3. When were Filippo's remains exhumed?
4. What type of diversity did the story of the Tower of Babel account for?
5. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
(a) May 1436.
(b) May 1433.
(c) May 1435.
(d) May 1434.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was at Filippo's side when he died?
2. When was the second sandstone chain placed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. How old was Filippo when he died?
4. How many different types of bricks were required in the construction of the cupola at the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. In what year did Filippo begin rebuilding the Augustinian church of Santo Spirito?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
3. In what order did the capomaestros die?
4. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
5. Why were lanterns such an important part of domes in the Renaissance?
6. How did Filippo provide for the workman's safety at Santa Maria del Fiore?
7. What did Lorenzo do to aggravate the wardens?
8. What meeting was Filippo worried about having with the wardens regarding the dome in 1426?
9. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
10. Discuss the fresco that decorated the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)