|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill did Filippo have according to his biographer?
2. On what day was Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
(a) August 30th.
(b) September 2nd.
(c) August 31st.
(d) September 1st.
3. From the Renaissance on what did most domes have at the top?
4. In what year were cracks discovered in the side walls of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. How many people entered the lantern designing contest for the dome of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many religious feasts were held each week in Florence during Filippo's time?
2. What was the largest Florentine guild of Filippo's time?
3. Whose iron rod model was destroyed after Filippo presented his model?
4. How long did the brick makers in Florence have to wait to unload the kiln after the bricks were done being fired?
5. In what year was the Alberti clan banished from Florence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
2. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
3. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
5. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
6. What meeting was Filippo worried about having with the wardens regarding the dome in 1426?
7. Discuss the fresco that decorated the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore.
8. What do modern commentators believe that the story of the tower of Babel tried to account for?
9. What did Pope Eugenius IV do at the beginning of the Feast of Annunciation in 1436?
10. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)