|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lorenzo Ghiberti when he died?
2. How tall did contemporary tests determine that Filippo had been?
(a) 5 feet 7 inches.
(b) 5 feet 5 inches.
(c) 5 feet 4 inches.
(d) 5 feet 6 inches.
3. When did Leon Battista Alberti write his famous description of the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How many years had it taken to build the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What type of problems did buildings of large dimensions cause?
(a) Time restraints.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what town in Italy did bianchi marmi marble come from?
2. In what year was the capomaestro fired for not being able to climb the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. Whose was the only other body entombed in the building where Filippo's body was entombed?
4. What word did the author use to describe how the people in Florence feel watching the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore being constructed?
5. What capomaestro was fired for not being able to climb the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were lanterns such an important part of domes in the Renaissance?
2. What did Filippo propose to the wardens when Santa Maria del Fiore began to show cracks in 1429?
3. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
4. How did Filippo provide for the workman's safety at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
6. Discuss the fresco that decorated the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore.
7. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. What meeting was Filippo worried about having with the wardens regarding the dome in 1426?
9. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
10. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)