|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months before the consecration of the Santa Maria del Fiore dome did Lorenzo's position as capomaestro end?
2. What type of diversity did the story of the Tower of Babel account for?
3. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
(a) May 1436.
(b) May 1433.
(c) May 1435.
(d) May 1434.
4. Why was Lorenzo immune from arrest in 1433?
(a) He was friends with the group that was arresting people.
(b) He bargained with the guild to avoid arrest.
(c) He paid his dues.
(d) He had joined the Masons Guild.
5. How many religious feasts were held each week in Florence during Filippo's time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people were required to transport bianchi marmi marble in Italy?
2. In what year did the beams for the dome start arriving in Florence?
3. What was the name of the carpenter who helped Filippo create his lantern design for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How many years had the residents of Florence been waiting to see the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore completed?
5. How far from Florence was the city of Lucca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
2. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
3. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
4. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
5. How was marble extracted at Carrara?
6. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
7. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
9. Discuss the fresco that decorated the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore.
10. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)