|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bricks could the average kiln hold?
2. When was the second sandstone chain placed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. In what year was the capomaestro fired for not being able to climb the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How old was Battista d' Antonio when he died?
5. How tall did contemporary tests determine that Filippo had been?
(a) 5 feet 6 inches.
(b) 5 feet 5 inches.
(c) 5 feet 7 inches.
(d) 5 feet 4 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose iron rod model was destroyed after Filippo presented his model?
2. Whose was the only other body entombed in the building where Filippo's body was entombed?
3. What fresco decorates the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How many sets of stairs were in Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What feat of physical prowess did Leon Battista Alberti accomplish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
2. How was marble extracted at Carrara?
3. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
4. Why was the quality of the mortar very important in the construction of the dome?
5. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
6. What did Pope Eugenius IV do at the beginning of the Feast of Annunciation in 1436?
7. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
8. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
9. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
10. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)