|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feast in Florence in 1436 was the most spectacular of that year?
(a) Saint's Feast.
(b) Feast of Annunciation.
(c) Consecration Feast.
(d) Feast of the people.
2. How many different types of bricks were required in the construction of the cupola at the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. When did the city of Florence sign a truce with their enemy from 1424?
4. In what year was the Alberti clan banished from Florence?
5. When did Filippo die?
(a) April 18, 1446.
(b) April 16, 1446.
(c) April 17, 1446.
(d) April 15, 1446.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds did the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
2. What famous member of the Medici family was exiled in 1433?
3. Why was Lorenzo immune from arrest in 1433?
4. How many years had it taken to build the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. Who had been commissioned to create the box where the remains were supposed to be displayed in at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were bricks carefully regulated in Florence?
2. What did Pope Eugenius IV do at the beginning of the Feast of Annunciation in 1436?
3. What do modern commentators believe that the story of the tower of Babel tried to account for?
4. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
6. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
7. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. What type of problems have been caused by large buildings throughout history?
9. How was marble extracted at Carrara?
10. What happened to Filippo in August 1434 after the meeting with the wardens?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)