|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had it taken to build the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. Who was the artist of the fresco that decorates the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Da Vinci.
3. Who was the pope in 1436?
(a) Clement VII.
(b) Leo X.
(c) Boniface IX.
(d) Eugenius IV.
4. Whose remains were supposed to be displayed at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
(a) St. Lorenzo.
(b) St. Zenobius.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Patrick.
5. Who described the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore as being built "circle by circle"?
(a) Filippo Strozzi.
(b) Leon Strozzi.
(c) Giovanni Battista Strozzi.
(d) Lorenzo Strozzi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did most architects from the middle ages remain anonymous?
2. How many steps were there to the summit of Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. What type of operation was bronze casting in the middle ages?
4. How much was Filippo's pay cut during the war of 1424?
5. How many different types of bricks were required in the construction of the cupola at the Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
2. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
3. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
4. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
5. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
6. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
7. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
8. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
9. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
10. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)