|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose remains were supposed to be displayed at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Lorenzo.
(d) St. Zenobius.
2. How far from Florence was the city of Lucca?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 70 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
3. Who was the pope in 1436?
(a) Eugenius IV.
(b) Leo X.
(c) Clement VII.
(d) Boniface IX.
4. What was the view on architecture in the middle ages?
(a) It was an excellent career.
(b) It was a fine art.
(c) It was the career of the future.
(d) Unfit profession for educated men.
5. How many masons at Santa Maria del Fiore were fired in December 1430?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
2. In what year were cracks discovered in the side walls of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. What was the size of a basic brick used in Florence during the 1400s?
4. Who wrote "Divine Comedy"?
5. In what year was the Alberti clan banished from Florence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
2. What happened to Filippo in August 1434 after the meeting with the wardens?
3. In what order did the capomaestros die?
4. Why were bricks carefully regulated in Florence?
5. Discuss the fresco that decorated the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore.
6. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
7. What do modern commentators believe that the story of the tower of Babel tried to account for?
8. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
9. What type of problems have been caused by large buildings throughout history?
10. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)