|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of operation was bronze casting in the middle ages?
2. Who wrote "Divine Comedy"?
(a) Da Vinci.
3. How many years had it taken to build the Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. What was the largest Florentine guild of Filippo's time?
(a) Guild of Code Enforcers.
(b) Guild of Stonemasons and Carpenters.
(c) Guild of Bricklayers.
(d) Guild of Architects.
5. How many masons at Santa Maria del Fiore were fired in December 1430?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose remains were supposed to be displayed at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
2. What were the ties made of that were used to stabilize the walls in the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. What skill did Filippo have according to his biographer?
4. Who described the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore as being built "circle by circle"?
5. How high above the drum was the dome for the Santa Maria del Fiore in 1428?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. Which of the capomaestros was known as the most influential sculptor of his time?
3. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
4. What meeting was Filippo worried about having with the wardens regarding the dome in 1426?
5. What was one of the most striking features of the climb up to the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
6. What did Pope Eugenius IV do at the beginning of the Feast of Annunciation in 1436?
7. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
9. What two acts on the part of the Opera revealed how much faith they placed in Filippo?
10. What did Alberti say about the dome being constructed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)