|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the size of a basic brick used in Florence during the 1400s?
(a) 8 inches wide x 10 inches long.
(b) 6 inches wide x 10 inches long.
(c) 7 inches wide x 10 inches long.
(d) 5 inches wide x 10 inches long.
2. What capomaestro was fired for not being able to climb the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Arnolfo di Cambio.
(b) Emilio De Fabris.
(c) Giovanni d' Ambrogio.
(d) Lorenzo Ghiberti.
3. Who did the city of Florence go to war with in 1424?
(a) Duke of Rome.
(b) Duke of Venice.
(c) Duke of Milan.
(d) Duke of Naples.
4. Whose was the only other body entombed in the building where Filippo's body was entombed?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Patrick.
(c) St. Lorenzo.
(d) St. Zenobius.
5. How many steps were there to the summit of Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was bianchi marmi marble?
2. In what direction did the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore wind on the way up?
3. How many pounds did the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
4. How many people entered the lantern designing contest for the dome of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. Who imprisoned Filippo in 1434?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Annunciation Day celebrate?
2. Why was the consecration of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore so important to Filippo?
3. What type of marble came from Carrara, Italy?
4. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
5. What meeting was Filippo worried about having with the wardens regarding the dome in 1426?
6. What do modern tourists do when they visit the Santa Maria del Fiore?
7. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
9. Where were the residents of Florence placed after their deaths during Filippo's time?
10. How did the Opera reduce the cost of importing bianchi marmi into Florence?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)