|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people were required to transport bianchi marmi marble in Italy?
(a) Construction workers.
2. Whose iron rod model was destroyed after Filippo presented his model?
(a) Cosimo di Fioravanti's.
(b) John di Fioravanti's.
(c) Neri di Fioravanti's.
(d) Lorenzo di Fioravanti's.
3. What tool did Leon Battista Alberti create to survey the Roman ruins?
4. What was the name of the carpenter who helped Filippo create his lantern design for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Antonio di Ciaccheri Manetti.
(b) Antonio Bianchi.
(c) Antonio Ghiberti.
(d) Antonio Niolis.
5. How high above the drum was the dome for the Santa Maria del Fiore in 1428?
(a) 80 feet.
(b) 85 feet.
(c) 75 feet.
(d) 70 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the wardens in charge of Santa Maria del Fiore order Filippo to speed up construction?
2. When did the city of Florence sign a truce with their enemy from 1424?
3. Who was the artist of the fresco that decorates the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How many scenes were in "Doors of Paradise"?
5. Who described the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore as being built "circle by circle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Filippo in August 1434 after the meeting with the wardens?
2. Why were lanterns such an important part of domes in the Renaissance?
3. Discuss the stairwells at Santa Maria del Fiore.
4. What did Michelangelo believe he could accomplish in regard to Filippo?
5. What tributes were made to Filippo after his death?
6. What did Lorenzo do to aggravate the wardens?
7. How did the war against Lucca impact the progress of construction at Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. What was Lorenzo's notorious reputation?
9. How was marble extracted at Carrara?
10. What idea was Filippo not able to convince the wardens to agree to?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)