|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commissioned the St. Matthew statue for the church of Orsanmichele?
(a) Bricklayers Guild.
(b) Architect's Guild.
(c) Stonemasons Guild.
(d) Bankers Guild.
2. Where were most goldsmith shops in Florence located during Filippo's time?
(c) Santa Croce.
3. How old was the child that Filippo adopted in 1419?
4. What was created after Filippo's device for the Santa Maria del Fiore was finished?
(a) Granite chain.
(b) Sandstone chain.
(c) Limestone chain.
(d) Marble chain.
5. What river bank downstream from Florence did Filippo have leveled in 1420?
(a) Ponte Vecchio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were left in Rome after the Black Death outbreak of 1348?
2. What disease killed 4/5 of Florence's population in 1348?
3. What was the name of Filippo's fellow goldsmith who was a renowned artist by the time he was forty?
4. How many architectural commissions did Filippo receive in 1419?
5. Where was the cathedral located that Filippo gave advice on the construction of in 1412?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the religious feasts of Brunelleschi's time?
2. Discuss the construction of the sandstone chain that was used at the Santa Maria del Fiore.
3. Who was Lorenzo Ghiberti?
4. What was considered the grandest building project in Florence in the 1400s?
5. Who was Nonius Datus?
6. How did Filippo develop his interest in solving mechanical problems?
7. What Roman landmark was of great interest in the 1400s?
8. What type of city was Florence in the 1400s?
9. What types of measuring tools were available to those working on the Santa Maria del Fiore?
10. What was the work schedule like of the laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)