|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a rota magna used for?
(a) Lifting heavy stones.
(b) Lifting men.
(c) Lifting heavy marble.
(d) Lifting heavy beams.
2. How long did the pope stay in Florence after his arrival in January 1419?
(a) 23 months.
(b) 21 months.
(c) 20 months.
(d) 22 months.
3. How many people died in the worst Black Death outbreak in Florence?
4. What type of sandstone was used for grindstones in the middle ages?
5. Where was the cathedral located that Filippo gave advice on the construction of in 1412?
(c) Santa Croce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the meaning of the name that unskilled laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore were called?
2. What was the city of Rome known as?
3. How many cartloads of sandstone had been brought into the Piazza del Duomo before the end of June 1421?
4. What were the unskilled laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore called?
5. Who called Florence "that beautiful and famous daughter of Rome"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused a decision to be delayed in the dome designing contest for the Santa Maria Del Fiore?
2. How did Filippo develop his interest in solving mechanical problems?
3. What type of city was Florence in the 1400s?
4. Discuss the construction of the sandstone chain that was used at the Santa Maria del Fiore.
5. What happened in the wooden chain designing contest for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
6. What Roman landmark was of great interest in the 1400s?
7. What types of measuring tools were available to those working on the Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. What projects did Lorenzo create during his career?
9. What happened during the religious feasts of Brunelleschi's time?
10. What was considered the grandest building project in Florence in the 1400s?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)