|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the book "On Aqueducts" rediscovered?
2. What was the name of Filippo's fellow goldsmith who was a renowned artist by the time he was forty?
(a) John Ghiberti.
(b) Angelo Ghiberti.
(c) Cosimo Ghiberti.
(d) Lorenzo Ghiberti.
3. How many architectural commissions did Filippo receive in 1419?
4. Where were most goldsmith shops in Florence located during Filippo's time?
(c) Santa Croce.
5. How many stone masons worked at Cava di Trassinaia after the work sheds were erected?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group commissioned the majority of the projects that Filippo worked on in 1419?
2. What competition played a pivotal role in Filippo's career?
3. In what year did the worst outbreak of the Black Death in Florence occur?
4. What did Filippo create to lift the materials up to the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What did many Florentine artists in Filippo's time have a dim view of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Rome like in the 1400s?
2. Why were Filippo and Lorenzo such strong rivals?
3. What projects did Lorenzo create during his career?
4. How were stones tested for quality?
5. How did master builders during Filippo's time regulate the curvature of domes?
6. What remarkable thing happened in Filippo's career in 1419?
7. What happened in the wooden chain designing contest for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. Discuss the construction of the sandstone chain that was used at the Santa Maria del Fiore.
9. What was considered the grandest building project in Florence in the 1400s?
10. What remedies did the residents of Florence use to try to rid themselves of the Black Death?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)