|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Filippo permanently return to Florence?
2. What did Cimabue mean?
(a) Boars head.
(b) Cow head.
(c) Sheep head.
(d) Ox head.
3. Who had been the original architect of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Giovanni di Simone.
(b) Arnolfo di Cambio.
(c) Andrea Pisano.
(d) Pietro Bassegio.
4. What was the prize for creating a wooden chain for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) 200 florins.
(b) 100 florins.
(c) 150 florins.
(d) 250 florins.
5. How much did Filippo make per month while working at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) 4 florins.
(b) 5 florins.
(c) 6 florins.
(d) 3 florins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men worked on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. How many stone masons worked at Cava di Trassinaia after the work sheds were erected?
3. What type of trees had been ordered for the platforms and scaffolds at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. When was the contest to find someone to create a model for the dome for the Santa Maria del Fiore announced?
5. What line of work did Filippo apprentice in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues was the dome designing contest for the Santa Maria del Fiore attempting to resolve?
2. What job was Filippo contracted to do in May 1417?
3. What was the work schedule like of the laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. How did Filippo develop his interest in solving mechanical problems?
5. What types of measuring tools were available to those working on the Santa Maria del Fiore?
6. What happened in the wooden chain designing contest for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
7. What was a rota magna?
8. Discuss the construction of the sandstone chain that was used at the Santa Maria del Fiore.
9. What was construction like on the hoist for the Santa Maria del Fiore?
10. What was considered the grandest building project in Florence in the 1400s?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)