|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Filippo when he died?
2. What feast in Florence in 1436 was the most spectacular of that year?
(a) Feast of Annunciation.
(b) Consecration Feast.
(c) Saint's Feast.
(d) Feast of the people.
3. When did Leon Battista Alberti write his famous description of the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. Whose remains were supposed to be displayed at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
(a) St. Lorenzo.
(b) St. Zenobius.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Patrick.
5. How many bricks could the average brick maker in Florence fire per year?
6. When did the city of Florence sign a truce with their enemy from 1424?
7. In what year were cracks discovered in the side walls of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. Who was the artist of the fresco that decorates the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Da Vinci.
9. How many scenes were in "Doors of Paradise"?
10. What color was bianchi marmi marble?
11. How many months before the consecration of the Santa Maria del Fiore dome did Lorenzo's position as capomaestro end?
12. Where was Filippo's body entombed after his death?
(a) St. Peter's.
(b) Santa Maria del Fiore.
(c) St. Anselmo.
(d) St. Agostino.
13. Who was at Filippo's side when he died?
(a) His son.
(b) One of the wardens.
(c) Lorenzo Ghiberti.
(d) His cousin.
14. In what year was the Alberti clan banished from Florence?
15. When was Filippo's body laid to rest?
(a) May 18, 1446.
(b) May 16, 1446.
(c) May 15, 1446.
(d) May 17, 1446.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Filippo die?
2. When was the second sandstone chain placed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. On what day was Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
4. Whose was the only other body entombed in the building where Filippo's body was entombed?
5. How many pounds did the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)