|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feat of physical prowess did Leon Battista Alberti accomplish?
(a) Piercing an iron breastplate with an arrow.
(b) Creating a new invention.
(c) Slaying a huge beast.
(d) Carrying loads of heavy stone on his back.
2. Whose was the only other body entombed in the building where Filippo's body was entombed?
(a) St. Zenobius.
(b) St. Lorenzo.
(c) St. Patrick.
(d) St. John.
3. In what year did Lorenzo Ghiberti complete "Doors of Paradise"?
4. In what year did Filippo begin rebuilding the Augustinian church of Santo Spirito?
5. What type of operation was bronze casting in the middle ages?
6. How many masons at Santa Maria del Fiore were fired in December 1430?
7. When did the city of Florence sign a truce with their enemy from 1424?
8. What type of people were required to transport bianchi marmi marble in Italy?
(a) Construction workers.
9. How old was Battista d' Antonio when he died?
10. How tall did contemporary tests determine that Filippo had been?
(a) 5 feet 7 inches.
(b) 5 feet 5 inches.
(c) 5 feet 4 inches.
(d) 5 feet 6 inches.
11. What word did the author use to describe how the people in Florence feel watching the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore being constructed?
12. How many people entered the lantern designing contest for the dome of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
13. How many colors of marble were ordered to cover the Santa Maria del Fiore?
14. What trait was Filippo not good at according to his biographer?
(a) Working with others.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Judging character.
(d) Meeting deadlines.
15. On what day was Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
(a) August 30th.
(b) September 2nd.
(c) August 31st.
(d) September 1st.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the capomaestro fired for not being able to climb the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. In what year were cracks discovered in the side walls of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. Which famous Italian artist used bianchi marmi marble for his statues?
4. When was the first stone of the lantern at Santa Maria del Fiore consecrated?
5. What did a bishop have concerns about in the fifteenth century regarding Florence's churches?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)