|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been commissioned to create the box where the remains were supposed to be displayed in at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
2. How many miles from Florence was the town that bianchi marmi came from?
3. In what direction did the steps at Santa Maria del Fiore wind on the way up?
4. Whose iron rod model was destroyed after Filippo presented his model?
(a) Lorenzo di Fioravanti's.
(b) Cosimo di Fioravanti's.
(c) John di Fioravanti's.
(d) Neri di Fioravanti's.
5. What did a bishop have concerns about in the fifteenth century regarding Florence's churches?
(a) Corruption in the papacy.
(b) Corpses defiling the church.
(c) Thieves breaking in.
(d) Structures not being secure.
6. What fresco decorates the interior of the vault at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Madonna and Child.
(b) Two Angels.
(c) Last Judgment.
(d) St. John.
7. What was the majority of the exterior of the Santa Maria del Fiore tiled in?
8. In what year did Filippo begin rebuilding the Augustinian church of Santo Spirito?
9. What was Lorenzo notorious for in Florence?
(a) Shoddy workmanship.
(b) Meeting deadlines.
(c) Missing deadlines.
(d) Hot temper.
10. In what year did Lorenzo Ghiberti complete "Doors of Paradise"?
11. How many years had the residents of Florence been waiting to see the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore completed?
12. Which famous Italian artist used bianchi marmi marble for his statues?
(d) Da Vinci.
13. Where was Filippo's body entombed after his death?
(a) St. Agostino.
(b) St. Peter's.
(c) Santa Maria del Fiore.
(d) St. Anselmo.
14. How many years had it taken to build the Santa Maria del Fiore?
15. In what year did the beams for the dome start arriving in Florence?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Leon Battista Alberti write his famous description of the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. What was the bust that was made after Filippo's death made of?
3. Whose remains were supposed to be displayed at Santa Maria del Fiore's consecration ceremony?
4. In what year was the Alberti clan banished from Florence?
5. At what pier in Santa Maria del Fiore did the steps begin?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)