|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Italian word for the building trade workers mean?
(a) Small people.
(b) Little people.
(c) Important people.
(d) Regular people.
2. What was the name of the pope that arrived in Florence in January 1419?
(a) Pope Eugene IV.
(b) Pope Martin V.
(c) Pope Gregory XII.
(d) Pope Nicholas IV.
3. Who ultimately built the wooden chain?
4. What angle did the final layer of bricks on the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore lie at?
(a) 60 degrees.
(b) 70 degrees.
(c) 80 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
5. What guidebook in the 1400s directed visitors to the holy sites of Rome?
(a) Roma instaurata.
(b) Roma Sotterranea.
(c) Descriptio urbis Romae.
(d) Mirabilia urbis romae.
6. Who called Florence "that beautiful and famous daughter of Rome"?
(c) Da Vinci.
7. How many men worked on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
8. Who created the model for the item that was developed after Filippo's device was finished?
(a) Jacopo di Niccolo.
(b) Jacopo Ghiberti.
(c) Jacopo Andreas.
(d) Jacopo Medici.
9. In what year did Filippo permanently return to Florence?
10. What type of trees had been ordered for the platforms and scaffolds at Santa Maria del Fiore?
11. What was the name of the Roman high road from the south?
(d) Via Appia.
12. What was the name of the child that Filippo adopted in 1419?
(a) Andrea Michaleo.
(b) Andrea Ghiberti.
(c) Andrea Cavalcanti.
(d) Andrea Duomo.
13. How old was Filippo in 1418?
14. What was the meaning of Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Our Lady of the Flower.
(b) Our Lady of Means.
(c) Our Lady of Poverty.
(d) Our Lady of Justice.
15. When was the contest to find someone to create a model for the dome for the Santa Maria del Fiore announced?
(a) August 21st 1418.
(b) August 20th, 1418.
(c) August 22nd, 1418.
(d) August 19, 1418.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the book "On Aqueducts" rediscovered?
2. What was Filippo's nickname?
3. What competition played a pivotal role in Filippo's career?
4. What were the catacombs in Florence used for in the 1400s?
5. Who wrote the book "On Aqueducts"?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)