|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the city of Rome known as?
(a) City of Love.
(b) City of the Renaissance.
(c) The Eternal City.
(d) City of Lights.
2. What was a rota magna used for?
(a) Lifting heavy stones.
(b) Lifting heavy beams.
(c) Lifting men.
(d) Lifting heavy marble.
3. What group in Florence ordered the most bianchi marmi?
(a) The Opera.
(b) The Wardens.
(c) The Stonemasons.
(d) The Bricklayers.
4. In what year did Filippo begin rebuilding the Augustinian church of Santo Spirito?
5. What was the wooden chain at Santa Maria del Fiore made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Filippo in 1418?
2. Which Italian artist was legendary for the broken nose that caused ugliness?
3. What tool was used to cleave stone from the hill at Cava di Trassinaia?
4. What was created after Filippo's device for the Santa Maria del Fiore was finished?
5. In what year were cracks discovered in the side walls of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)