|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Filippo's fellow goldsmith who was a renowned artist by the time he was forty?
(a) Lorenzo Ghiberti.
(b) Angelo Ghiberti.
(c) John Ghiberti.
(d) Cosimo Ghiberti.
2. What did the Italian word for the building trade workers mean?
(a) Little people.
(b) Small people.
(c) Important people.
(d) Regular people.
3. What did Filippo create to lift the materials up to the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) A pulley system.
(b) A hoist.
(c) A crane.
(d) A scaffold.
4. How many people were left in Rome after the Black Death outbreak of 1348?
5. How much did the sandstone beams used at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
(a) 1800 lbs.
(b) 1700 lbs.
(c) 2000 lbs.
(d) 1900 lbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commissioned the St. Matthew statue for the church of Orsanmichele?
2. Who said that the founder of Florence was Lucius Cornelius Sulla?
3. What type of gallery did Filippo add to his dome plans for the Santa Maria del Fiore in 1419?
4. What was the Italian word for the building trade workers?
5. What was the name of the pope that arrived in Florence in January 1419?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)