|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were work sheds erected in Cava di Trassinaia?
(a) March 1423.
(b) March 1422.
(c) March 1421.
(d) March 1424.
2. In what year did Filippo become a master goldsmith?
3. Who had been the original architect of the Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) Giovanni di Simone.
(b) Pietro Bassegio.
(c) Arnolfo di Cambio.
(d) Andrea Pisano.
4. How much did the sandstone beams used at Santa Maria del Fiore weigh?
(a) 1800 lbs.
(b) 1700 lbs.
(c) 2000 lbs.
(d) 1900 lbs.
5. How many men worked on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Filippo's fellow goldsmith who was a renowned artist by the time he was forty?
2. How many trees had been ordered for the platforms and scaffolds at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. How did the author describe the hills surrounding Florence in the 1400s?
4. What disease killed 4/5 of Florence's population in 1348?
5. What type of sandstone was used for grindstones in the middle ages?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)