|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the child that Filippo adopted in 1419?
2. What did the majority of architectural commissions that Filippo received in 1419 include?
3. Where was the cathedral located that Filippo gave advice on the construction of in 1412?
(c) Santa Croce.
4. What did Cimabue mean?
(a) Boars head.
(b) Ox head.
(c) Cow head.
(d) Sheep head.
5. How many architectural commissions did Filippo receive in 1419?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Santa Maria Del Fiore being built to replace?
2. How many cartloads of sandstone had been brought into the Piazza del Duomo before the end of June 1421?
3. What were the catacombs in Florence used for in the 1400s?
4. What was the name of Filippo's fellow goldsmith who was a renowned artist by the time he was forty?
5. What did many Florentine artists in Filippo's time have a dim view of?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)