|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the dome designing contest being held?
(a) Florence, Italy.
(b) Venice, Italy.
(c) Milan, Italy.
(d) Rome, Italy.
2. How many trees had been ordered for the platforms and scaffolds at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. What Roman ruins were built with the forced labor of early Christians?
(a) Constantine's Arch.
(b) The Baths of Diocletian.
(d) Domus Aruea.
4. How long did those participating in the dome designing contest have to complete their proposals?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
5. In what year did Filippo permanently return to Florence?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Filippo become a master goldsmith?
2. What was the meaning of Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. In what year did the worst outbreak of the Black Death in Florence occur?
4. What were the unskilled laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore called?
5. What were the catacombs in Florence used for in the 1400s?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)