|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many architectural commissions did Filippo receive in 1419?
2. What was the meaning of the name that unskilled laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore were called?
(a) Men of least importance.
(b) Men without a name.
(c) Men without name or family.
(d) Men without family.
3. When did construction begin on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) August 8, 1420.
(b) August 10, 1420.
(c) August 9, 1420.
(d) August 7, 1420.
4. What type of gallery did Filippo add to his dome plans for the Santa Maria del Fiore in 1419?
5. What did Cimabue mean?
(a) Cow head.
(b) Sheep head.
(c) Boars head.
(d) Ox head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the dome designing contest being held?
2. How many people died in the worst Black Death outbreak in Florence?
3. What did the author say the atmosphere in Rome was like?
4. Who said that the founder of Florence was Lucius Cornelius Sulla?
5. Who called Florence "that beautiful and famous daughter of Rome"?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)