|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the dome designing contest being held?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Milan, Italy.
(c) Florence, Italy.
(d) Venice, Italy.
2. When did construction begin on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) August 8, 1420.
(b) August 7, 1420.
(c) August 9, 1420.
(d) August 10, 1420.
3. What disease killed 4/5 of Florence's population in 1348?
(b) Typhoid Fever.
(d) Black Death.
4. What did many Florentine artists in Filippo's time have a dim view of?
(d) The Opera.
5. What was the Santa Maria Del Fiore being built to replace?
(a) Santa Italia.
(b) Santa Advantia.
(c) Santa Del Fuorte.
(d) Santa Reparata.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many architectural commissions did Filippo receive in 1419?
2. What competition played a pivotal role in Filippo's career?
3. What was the city of Rome known as?
4. What line of work did Filippo apprentice in?
5. What work skill was Filippo best known for prior to 1418?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)