|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were left in Rome after the Black Death outbreak of 1348?
2. What group commissioned the majority of the projects that Filippo worked on in 1419?
(a) Builders Guild.
(b) Bricklayers Guild.
(c) Mason's Guild.
(d) Wool Guild.
3. When was the contest to find someone to create a model for the dome for the Santa Maria del Fiore announced?
(a) August 19, 1418.
(b) August 21st 1418.
(c) August 22nd, 1418.
(d) August 20th, 1418.
4. How long did the pope stay in Florence after his arrival in January 1419?
(a) 23 months.
(b) 22 months.
(c) 21 months.
(d) 20 months.
5. What was the name of the pope that arrived in Florence in January 1419?
(a) Pope Martin V.
(b) Pope Nicholas IV.
(c) Pope Eugene IV.
(d) Pope Gregory XII.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guidebook in the 1400s directed visitors to the holy sites of Rome?
2. What was Filippo's nickname?
3. How many trees had been ordered for the platforms and scaffolds at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. What was the name of the Roman high road from the south?
5. What Roman ruins were built with the forced labor of early Christians?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)