|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the most obvious problems in building the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) How to create a circular structure.
(b) How to lift the heavy building materials above the ground.
(c) How to get the workers to the level of the dome.
(d) How to mold marble.
2. When was the winning design for the wooden chain for the Santa Maria del Fiore chosen?
(a) August, 1423.
(b) August, 1426.
(c) August, 1424.
(d) August, 1425.
3. Where was the book "On Aqueducts" rediscovered?
(b) Monte Cassino.
4. What type of sandstone was used for grindstones in the middle ages?
5. What were the unskilled laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore called?
(a) Famiglia nome Uomini.
(b) Uomini nome e famiglia.
(c) Uomini senza nome e famiglia.
(d) Senza nome famiglia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the meaning of the name that unskilled laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore were called?
2. How many men worked on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. Which Italian artist was legendary for the broken nose that caused ugliness?
4. What type of problems did buildings of large dimensions cause?
5. Who wrote "On the Tranquility of the Soul"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)