|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different types of bricks were required in the construction of the cupola at the Santa Maria del Fiore?
2. How long had they been planning the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore before the construction began?
(a) 70 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 50 years.
3. At what temperature were bricks fired in Florence in the 1400's?
(a) 2,000 degrees celsius.
(b) 1,000 degrees celsius.
(c) 2,500 degrees celsius.
(d) 1,500 degrees celsius.
4. What was the Italian word for the building trade workers?
(c) Bravo lavoratore.
(d) Popolo minuto.
5. How long did the brick makers in Florence have to wait to unload the kiln after the bricks were done being fired?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many Florentine artists in Filippo's time have a dim view of?
2. What river bank downstream from Florence did Filippo have leveled in 1420?
3. Who called Florence "that beautiful and famous daughter of Rome"?
4. When did work begin on the device Filippo created to lift the materials up to the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. How many stone masons worked at Cava di Trassinaia after the work sheds were erected?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)