|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a rota magna used for?
(a) Lifting heavy marble.
(b) Lifting men.
(c) Lifting heavy beams.
(d) Lifting heavy stones.
2. What did Filippo create to lift the materials up to the cupola at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) A hoist.
(b) A crane.
(c) A pulley system.
(d) A scaffold.
3. How many architectural commissions did Filippo receive in 1419?
4. What was the size of a basic brick used in Florence during the 1400s?
(a) 5 inches wide x 10 inches long.
(b) 8 inches wide x 10 inches long.
(c) 7 inches wide x 10 inches long.
(d) 6 inches wide x 10 inches long.
5. Who wrote the book "On Aqueducts"?
(a) Sextus Julius Frontinus.
(b) Julius Frontinus.
(c) Julius Sextus Frontinus.
(d) Julius Sextus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the pope stay in Florence after his arrival in January 1419?
2. What guidebook in the 1400s directed visitors to the holy sites of Rome?
3. How much did Filippo make per month while working at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. What work skill was Filippo best known for prior to 1418?
5. What were the unskilled laborers at Santa Maria del Fiore called?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)