|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the child that Filippo adopted in 1419?
(a) Andrea Duomo.
(b) Andrea Michaleo.
(c) Andrea Ghiberti.
(d) Andrea Cavalcanti.
2. What group commissioned the majority of the projects that Filippo worked on in 1419?
(a) Wool Guild.
(b) Bricklayers Guild.
(c) Builders Guild.
(d) Mason's Guild.
3. When was the second sandstone chain placed at Santa Maria del Fiore?
4. In what year was the Alberti clan banished from Florence?
5. What were the most obvious problems in building the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
(a) How to lift the heavy building materials above the ground.
(b) How to mold marble.
(c) How to get the workers to the level of the dome.
(d) How to create a circular structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say the atmosphere in Rome was like?
2. What was the meaning of Santa Maria del Fiore?
3. Where was the cathedral located that Filippo gave advice on the construction of in 1412?
4. When did construction begin on the dome at Santa Maria del Fiore?
5. What was the city of Rome known as?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)