|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Bible does Bruce decide to translate first?
2. How long does it take to bring Gloria to the nearest Motilone communal home?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 week.
3. What is the best time of day for Bruce to spend time with Bobby and his family?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) After the evening meal.
(c) At lunch time.
(d) In the afternoons before the evening meal.
4. For whom does Bruce want a flea collar?
(a) For the dogs in the village.
(b) For the cats in the village.
(c) To give to the Motilones.
(d) For himself.
5. What does Bruce watch crawl across the ceiling when he lays in his hammock?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the communal home to the river?
2. Who does Bruce see when he and others are searching for Bobby in Chapter 24?
3. Who had planned to kill Bruce when he was with the Motilone the first time and Bruce felt compelled to escape?
4. What is the name of the man with the distinctive laugh who Bruce had met before?
5. How does Bruce meet Gloria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby's funeral.
2. What happens during the ceremony when Cobaydra becomes a man?
3. Why do the Motilone not shoot any man or animal who is about to die a natural death?
4. How do the Motilone catch fish?
5. What do Bobby and Bruchko have to do when they are translating Philippians?
6. What game do the Yuko play that would upset the Motilones?
7. How does Bruce get money to pay for drugs for a measles epidemic?
8. What bothers Bruce about being with the Motilones?
9. What does Dr. Landinez suggest Bruce do about the rumors that are circulating?
10. How does Bruce persuade the witch doctor to use medicine for the pinkeye epidemic?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)