|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Motilone say will happen when the tiger speaks and the spirits come out of the rocks?
(a) People will die.
(b) People will become sick.
(c) Children will die.
(d) Houses will burn.
2. What is the name of the man with the distinctive laugh who Bruce had met before?
3. How many days does Bruce spend with Gloria's mother after Gloria died?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
4. What do the Motilones believe that God would come out of?
(a) Banana stalk.
(b) The sky.
(c) Palm leaves.
(d) A hole.
5. Who is Bruce's doctor at the hospital in Tibu?
(a) Dr. Alfredo Landinez.
(b) Dr. Lang.
(c) Dr. Christian.
(d) Dr. Hans Baumgartner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of the Bible are Bobby and Bruce translating in Chapter 24?
2. What name is used for Abraham by the Motilones?
3. How does Bruce get around the problem of not being able to make a pact with Bobby?
4. What does Bruce watch crawl across the ceiling when he lays in his hammock?
5. What book of the Bible does Bruce decide to translate first?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruce discover that the Motilone language is a tonal language?
2. How does Bobby act when his daughter dies?
3. What happens on the third day after Bruce has walked into the jungle after leaving the hospital in Tibu.
4. What happens during the ceremony when Cobaydra becomes a man?
5. Why is everyone afraid when the tiger speaks?
6. What is the Motilone legend of the man who became an ant?
7. What happens to Atabacadora and how is he healed?
8. What bothers Bruce about being with the Motilones?
9. How does Bruce persuade the witch doctor to use medicine for the pinkeye epidemic?
10. How does Bruce persuade the Motilones to use disinfectants?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)