|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On how many acres are cattle grazing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 25 acres.
(b) 15 acres.
(c) 55 acres.
(d) 100 acres.
2. What type of plane does Bruce fly on into Colombia after he returns from America?
(a) A DC-2.
(b) A DC-3.
(c) Boeing 247.
(d) Basler BT-67.
3. When Bruce leaves Caracas on a bus to find and help the Motilone, what town does he go to in the foothills of the Andes?
(c) Los Bagres.
(d) San Esteban.
4. Where does Bruce decide to go when Rafael goes back the university?
(a) Back to live with Dr. Christian.
(b) The jungles of Orinoco.
5. What time of day is it when Bruce is in his room and decides to talk to Jesus?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are some of the settlers who have been giving the Motilone problems?
2. What types of trees are planted by the sidewalks in Puerto Ayacucho?
3. Who is Bruce's best friend growing up?
4. Where does Bruce sleep when he stays with Rafael's family?
5. After Bruce escapes from the Motilone, how many days does he walk before finding food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Motilone like who seems to protect Bruce when he is in the Motilone communal house?
2. How does Bruce receive an invitation to live with a Colombian family in Puerto Ayacucho?
3. Why is it two-faced for the settlers to be bothering the Motilones?
4. Why do responsible Latin families not allow a young person like Bruce to be alone?
5. What happens when Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson are talking in a jungle clearing at the top of a bluff?
6. Why does Bruce not like staying at Dr. Christian's home?
7. What do Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson decide to do after Humberto Abril threatened them?
8. Why is Tom, a missionary kid from Mr. Saunders' mission, not allowed to see Bruce any more?
9. What happens when Bruce begins to get on his mule and leave the Indian village in the Andes?
10. In Chapter 8, what happened after Bruce works with an Indian for two hours trying to learn the language?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)