|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What missionary spoke at the interdenominational church when Bruce is sixteen?
(a) Mr. Rayburn.
(b) Mr. Avery.
(c) Mr. Brown.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
2. Who is the pastor of Kent Lange's church?
(a) Pastor Peterson.
(b) Pastor Rayburn.
(c) Kent's father.
(d) Pastor Brown.
3. What does Bruce have for breakfast in the Indian village in the Andes that he stumblesinto?
(a) Some strange fruit.
(c) Boiled roots.
4. After Bruce is saved, what becomes more painful for Bruce?
5. Why is Bruce passing blood every morning when he stays in the Indian village in the Andes?
(a) He has amoebic dysentery.
(b) He has Dengue.
(c) He has Chagas disease.
(d) He has a filovirus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce find on the street in Chicago?
2. What epidemic does Bruce learn about that was affecting the Motilone?
3. Who do Bobby, Bruce, and Ayaboquina decide to appeal to concerning Abril's threats?
4. What is the nearest town to the house that Bruce is taken to after escaping from the Motilones?
5. When Bruce stumbles into an Indian village in the Andes, who whips Bruce when he is there?
Short Essay Questions
1. For the Motilone, what does it mean to have a full stomach?
2. How does Bruce persuade a Yuko Indian to agree to take him to the Motilones?
3. Describe Mr. Rayburn's presentation at the interdenominational church that Bruce attends.
4. What does Kent say when Bruce tells him he has been "called" to be a missionary?
5. What does the word for faith mean in Motilone?
6. What happens when Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson are talking in a jungle clearing at the top of a bluff?
7. Why do responsible Latin families not allow a young person like Bruce to be alone?
8. Why does Bruce not like staying at Dr. Christian's home?
9. Why is Bruce's father so apprehensive about his attendance at the Lange's church?
10. Why is Tom, a missionary kid from Mr. Saunders' mission, not allowed to see Bruce any more?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)