|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does a missionary serve in who speaks at the Lange's church when Bruce is sixteen?
(d) New Guinea.
2. How many days does it take Bruce and the Indians to get to Motilone territory?
3. What is the first food that Bruce is given when he is taken to the Motilone communal home?
4. How does Bruce communicate when he stumbles upon an Indian village in the Andes?
(a) Pictures traced in the dirt.
(b) Uses hand signals.
(c) Speaks Spanish.
(d) Uses a flute.
5. What does Bruce find on the street in Chicago?
(a) Five-dollar bill.
(b) Ten-dollar bill.
(c) Twenty-dollar bill.
(d) A man's wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men who find Bruce after he escapes from the Motilones get him to a nearby house?
2. When Bruce stumbles into an Indian village in the Andes, who whips Bruce when he is there?
3. How many Indians come with Bruce to find the Motilone?
4. Where do the Motilone defecate when Bruce first lives with them?
5. What missionary spoke at the interdenominational church when Bruce is sixteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruce receive an invitation to live with a Colombian family in Puerto Ayacucho?
2. Why do responsible Latin families not allow a young person like Bruce to be alone?
3. In Chapter 8, what happened after Bruce works with an Indian for two hours trying to learn the language?
4. For the Motilone, what does it mean to have a full stomach?
5. How does Bruce get an opportunity to live with the Indians?
6. What does Bruce wonder about missionary work when he stays with the Indians after Dr. Christian leaves?
7. What problem does Bruce have to deal with late one night after he headed home from the Lange's church?
8. Why is Bruce's father so apprehensive about his attendance at the Lange's church?
9. What does Bruce learn about the Motilones?
10. What happens when Bruce tries to leave the village of the Yuko Indians after staying there four months?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)