|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bruce's best friend growing up?
(a) Jonathan Ayers.
(b) Andrew Bayers.
(c) David Brown.
(d) Kent Lange.
2. Who does Bruce meet in Puerto Ayacucho while he lives in Dr. Christian's home?
(a) A missionary who invited him to dinner.
(b) Two missionary kids.
(c) A Motilone Indian.
(d) Julio's grandfather.
3. Where is the mission board located that Bruce applied to?
4. Where do the Motilone defecate when Bruce first lives with them?
(a) In a ditch behind the communal home.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In a small hut a few yards from the communal home.
(d) Just outside the door.
5. In 1961, where did President Kennedy and South American presidents meet to determine U.S. and Latin American Policies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Motilone men surround Bruce when he is shot with an arrow?
2. What is held at the Lange's church when Bruce is sixteen?
3. Where does Bruce go for his first year of college?
4. When does Bruce go to the Lutheran church after he was saved?
5. According to the Indians Bruce stayed with after Dr. Christian left, what is the perfect shape to represent God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruce find a place to stay after he flys into South America for the first time?
2. How does Bruce get an opportunity to live with the Indians?
3. How does Bruce describe the missionary, Mr. Rayburn.
4. After escaping from the Motilone, what inspires Bruce to keep walking after he has been traveling for five days?
5. What do Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson decide to do after Humberto Abril threatened them?
6. What does Bruce like and dislike about the Old Testament of the Bible?
7. What happens when Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson are talking in a jungle clearing at the top of a bluff?
8. What is the Motilone like who seems to protect Bruce when he is in the Motilone communal house?
9. Why does Bruce not like staying at Dr. Christian's home?
10. In Chapter 8, what happened after Bruce works with an Indian for two hours trying to learn the language?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)