|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bruce stay when he returns to Puerto Ayacucho with Dr. Christian?
(a) At a youth hostel.
(b) At Julio's home.
(c) At Dr. Christian's home.
(d) In a dorm.
2. What does Bruce finally find to eat after he escapes from the Motilones?
(a) Some type of fruit.
3. How many years before Bruce's trip to America was there no town in the area?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. What does Bruce have for breakfast in the Indian village in the Andes that he stumblesinto?
(b) Some strange fruit.
(d) Boiled roots.
5. How long is the canoe trip from the town where Bruce flew in to Bobby's village?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Bobby, Bruce, and Ayaboquina decide to appeal to concerning Abril's threats?
2. How many doors are in the Motione communal home?
3. What are houses made from that Bruce sees as he drives with Julio to his family's home?
4. Where does Bruce decide God wants him to be a missionary?
5. On how many acres are cattle grazing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce like and dislike about the Old Testament of the Bible?
2. How does Bruce persuade a Yuko Indian to agree to take him to the Motilones?
3. Why is Bruce's father so apprehensive about his attendance at the Lange's church?
4. How did the climate and landscape change when Bruce and the Yuko Indians travel to find the Motilone?
5. What does Bruce do when the Motilone left four arrows point down on the trail?
6. For the Motilone, what does it mean to have a full stomach?
7. In Chapter 8, what happened after Bruce works with an Indian for two hours trying to learn the language?
8. What happens when Bruce tries to share his belief in Jesus with the boys at the Lutheran youth group?
9. How does Bruce get an opportunity to live with the Indians?
10. After escaping from the Motilone, what inspires Bruce to keep walking after he has been traveling for five days?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)