|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the canoe trip from the town where Bruce flew in to Bobby's village?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
2. What does Bruce finally find to eat after he escapes from the Motilones?
(c) Some type of fruit.
3. What is the name of the Indian tribe in the village that Bruce stumbled into?
4. Where is the mission board located that Bruce applied to?
5. What type of plane does Bruce fly on into Colombia after he returns from America?
(a) A DC-2.
(b) A DC-3.
(c) Boeing 247.
(d) Basler BT-67.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Motilone defecate when Bruce first lives with them?
2. What wakes Bruce the night after he heard Mr. Rayburn speak at church?
3. What river does Bruce and Dr. Christian travel on as they travel to the Indians?
4. The fourth time that Bruce places gifts on the trail, what do the Motilones leave in their place?
5. What is the name of the town where Bruce and Dr. Christian leave the truck and switch to canoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Bruce have to deal with late one night after he headed home from the Lange's church?
2. Why is it two-faced for the settlers to be bothering the Motilones?
3. Why is Bruce's father so apprehensive about his attendance at the Lange's church?
4. After escaping from the Motilone, what inspires Bruce to keep walking after he has been traveling for five days?
5. What does Bruce like and dislike about the Old Testament of the Bible?
6. What do Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson decide to do after Humberto Abril threatened them?
7. What does the word for faith mean in Motilone?
8. How does Bruce get an opportunity to live with the Indians?
9. In Chapter 8, what happened after Bruce works with an Indian for two hours trying to learn the language?
10. Why is Tom, a missionary kid from Mr. Saunders' mission, not allowed to see Bruce any more?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)