|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bruce set up camp when he returns to the jungle after leaving Bogota?
(a) Near a Yuko village.
(b) Near a clearing.
(c) Near the river.
(d) Near the junction of three different Motilone trails.
2. Why is Bruce passing blood every morning when he stays in the Indian village in the Andes?
(a) He has Chagas disease.
(b) He has Dengue.
(c) He has amoebic dysentery.
(d) He has a filovirus.
3. What don't the Indians that Bruce stays with after Dr. Christian left like about the Indian Christians?
(a) Their food and clothes.
(b) Their houses and clothes.
(c) Their canoes.
(d) Their clothes, songs, and church.
4. How many years before Bruce's trip to America was there no town in the area?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. Why, as Bruce learns later, are the Indians so upset when they returned to their village and find Bruce there?
(a) A white man had killed some children earlier that week.
(b) They did not have enough food to share with a stranger.
(c) Two Indians had been killed by white settlers earlier that day.
(d) Some white men had killed some women and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Bruce's mother say is the source of half of the problems in their family?
2. How many doors are in the Motione communal home?
3. Where does Bruce transfer his second year of college?
4. From what town do Bruce and Dr. Christian depart in a truck that would take them to the river?
5. What does Bruce have for breakfast in the Indian village in the Andes that he stumblesinto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Rayburn's presentation at the interdenominational church that Bruce attends.
2. What does Bruce learn about the Motilones?
3. Why is Tom, a missionary kid from Mr. Saunders' mission, not allowed to see Bruce any more?
4. After escaping from the Motilone, what inspires Bruce to keep walking after he has been traveling for five days?
5. What do Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson decide to do after Humberto Abril threatened them?
6. How did the climate and landscape change when Bruce and the Yuko Indians travel to find the Motilone?
7. Why do responsible Latin families not allow a young person like Bruce to be alone?
8. Describe Bruce's meeting with Mr. Saunders.
9. What does Kent say when Bruce tells him he has been "called" to be a missionary?
10. For the Motilone, what does it mean to have a full stomach?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)