|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second type of food that Bruce is given when he is taken to the Motilone communal home?
2. According to the Indians Bruce stayed with after Dr. Christian left, what is the perfect shape to represent God?
3. Where does Bruce stay his first night in South America?
(a) A luxury hotel.
(b) A youth hostel.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) In the airport.
4. How does Bruce get money to support himself in Caracas?
(a) Teaching a class at a Catholic school.
(b) A job performing manual labor.
(c) He receives money from his parents.
(d) Teaching English for the Ministry of Health.
5. What don't the Indians that Bruce stays with after Dr. Christian left like about the Indian Christians?
(a) Their houses and clothes.
(b) Their food and clothes.
(c) Their clothes, songs, and church.
(d) Their canoes.
6. Where does Bruce decide to go when Rafael goes back the university?
(a) The jungles of Orinoco.
(b) Back to live with Dr. Christian.
7. What epidemic does Bruce learn about that was affecting the Motilone?
(b) Chicken pox.
8. What river does Bruce and Dr. Christian travel on as they travel to the Indians?
(a) Rio Cojedes.
(c) Rio Meta.
(d) Rio Apure.
9. Where does Bruce sleep when he stays with Rafael's family?
(a) In a hammock.
(b) In a bed.
(c) On the ground.
(d) On a palm frond mattress.
10. Who is the pastor of Kent Lange's church?
(a) Kent's father.
(b) Pastor Brown.
(c) Pastor Rayburn.
(d) Pastor Peterson.
11. How many days does it take Bruce to travel on a bus from Caracas to a town in the foothills of the Andes?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
12. How do the men who find Bruce after he escapes from the Motilones get him to a nearby house?
(a) They dragged him on a blanket.
(b) On a mule.
(c) On a horse.
(d) They carried him.
13. What did Bruce's father do for a living?
(a) He was a lawyer. .
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a professor.
14. What type of plane does Bruce fly on into Colombia after he returns from America?
(a) A DC-3.
(b) Basler BT-67.
(c) A DC-2.
(d) Boeing 247.
15. What smell bothered Bruce when he and Dr. Christian reach the first Indian village?
(a) Rotting food.
(b) Human excrement.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Dead fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is held at the Lange's church when Bruce is sixteen?
2. The fourth time that Bruce places gifts on the trail, what do the Motilones leave in their place?
3. Where does Bruce go for his first year of college?
4. What city is Bruce flying to in South America when he leaves the United States to go to South America the first time?
5. Where does Bruce set up camp when he returns to the jungle after leaving Bogota?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)