|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the pastor of Kent Lange's church?
(a) Kent's father.
(b) Pastor Peterson.
(c) Pastor Brown.
(d) Pastor Rayburn.
2. After Bruce is saved, what becomes more painful for Bruce?
3. When does Bruce head off to his first year of college?
4. Who does Bruce meet in Puerto Ayacucho while he lives in Dr. Christian's home?
(a) Two missionary kids.
(b) A Motilone Indian.
(c) A missionary who invited him to dinner.
(d) Julio's grandfather.
5. How does Bruce get money to support himself in Caracas?
(a) He receives money from his parents.
(b) Teaching a class at a Catholic school.
(c) Teaching English for the Ministry of Health.
(d) A job performing manual labor.
6. How many Motilone men surround Bruce when he is shot with an arrow?
7. How many days does it take Bruce to travel on a bus from Caracas to a town in the foothills of the Andes?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
8. What shape is the Motilone communal home?
9. Where does Bruce decide God wants him to be a missionary?
(a) New Guinea.
(b) South America.
(c) Central America.
10. When does Bruce go to the Lutheran church after he was saved?
(a) Sunday evenings.
(b) Wednesday evenings.
(c) Sunday mornings.
(d) Thursday evenings.
11. Why, as Bruce learns later, are the Indians so upset when they returned to their village and find Bruce there?
(a) They did not have enough food to share with a stranger.
(b) Two Indians had been killed by white settlers earlier that day.
(c) Some white men had killed some women and children.
(d) A white man had killed some children earlier that week.
12. How many rooms does Rafael's family have in their home?
(a) 5 rooms.
(b) 2 rooms.
(c) 1 room.
(d) 3 rooms.
13. What country does a missionary serve in who speaks at the Lange's church when Bruce is sixteen?
(c) New Guinea.
14. Who are some of the settlers who have been giving the Motilone problems?
(a) Prison escapees.
(b) Military men.
15. What does Bruce feel after he talked to God?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take Bruce and the Indians to get to Motilone territory?
2. How many doors are in the Motione communal home?
3. What river does Bruce and Dr. Christian travel on as they travel to the Indians?
4. Where does Bruce transfer his second year of college?
5. What epidemic does Bruce learn about that was affecting the Motilone?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)