|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bruce communicate when he stumbles upon an Indian village in the Andes?
(a) Speaks Spanish.
(b) Uses hand signals.
(c) Uses a flute.
(d) Pictures traced in the dirt.
2. What city is Bruce flying to in South America when he leaves the United States to go to South America the first time?
(b) La Paz.
3. Where do the Motilone defecate when Bruce first lives with them?
(a) In the jungle.
(b) In a small hut a few yards from the communal home.
(c) In a ditch behind the communal home.
(d) Just outside the door.
4. What does Bruce feel after he talked to God?
5. When Bruce stumbles into an Indian village in the Andes, who whips Bruce when he is there?
(a) The chief.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young man.
6. According to the Indians Bruce stayed with after Dr. Christian left, what is the perfect shape to represent God?
7. Who is Bruce's best friend growing up?
(a) Kent Lange.
(b) David Brown.
(c) Jonathan Ayers.
(d) Andrew Bayers.
8. What type of plane does Bruce fly on into Colombia after he returns from America?
(a) Boeing 247.
(b) A DC-2.
(c) A DC-3.
(d) Basler BT-67.
9. What is the first food that Bruce is given when he is taken to the Motilone communal home?
10. Who is the pastor of Kent Lange's church?
(a) Pastor Brown.
(b) Pastor Rayburn.
(c) Kent's father.
(d) Pastor Peterson.
11. What does Kent Lange's church look like?
(a) A college classroom.
(b) A typical church.
(c) School auditorium.
(d) Rock concert.
12. What does Bruce want to do as a profession when he grows up before he believes God changed his mind?
(a) Become a linguistics professor.
(b) Become a missionary.
(c) Become a teacher.
(d) Become a lawyer.
13. In Chapter 11, about how long has Bruce been in the jungle?
(a) About 3 years.
(b) About 15 months.
(c) About 2 years.
(d) About a year.
14. The fourth time that Bruce places gifts on the trail, what do the Motilones leave in their place?
(a) Some bananas.
(b) Some fish.
(c) 4 arrows point down.
(d) A bow and arrow.
15. What does Bruce find on the street in Chicago?
(a) Ten-dollar bill.
(b) Twenty-dollar bill.
(c) Five-dollar bill.
(d) A man's wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What don't the Indians that Bruce stays with after Dr. Christian left like about the Indian Christians?
2. What is the nearest town to the house that Bruce is taken to after escaping from the Motilones?
3. What wakes Bruce the night after he heard Mr. Rayburn speak at church?
4. How many hours does Bruce have to march with the Motilones before reaching one of their communal homes?
5. Where does Bruce stay his first night in South America?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)