|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Bruce and Dr. Christian leave the truck and switch to canoes?
(a) San Fernando.
(d) Los Teques.
2. What does Bruce have for breakfast in the Indian village in the Andes that he stumblesinto?
(c) Boiled roots.
(d) Some strange fruit.
3. Why, as Bruce learns later, are the Indians so upset when they returned to their village and find Bruce there?
(a) Two Indians had been killed by white settlers earlier that day.
(b) Some white men had killed some women and children.
(c) They did not have enough food to share with a stranger.
(d) A white man had killed some children earlier that week.
4. On how many acres are cattle grazing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 15 acres.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) 25 acres.
(d) 55 acres.
5. Who does Bobby say is the real leader of the Motilone?
(c) Jesus Christ.
6. Where does Bruce sleep when he stays with Rafael's family?
(a) In a bed.
(b) On the ground.
(c) On a palm frond mattress.
(d) In a hammock.
7. Who does Bruce meet at a church in Bogota who helps him by giving him money and clothing?
(a) The Andrews.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Davises.
(d) The Martins.
8. Why are the American couple that Bruce meets living in Bogota?
(a) They are visiting relatives.
(b) They are missionaries.
(c) They are with the U.S. Embassy.
(d) They work for Texaco Oil.
9. What does Bruce carry on his lap for the trip from Caracas to a town in the foothills of the Andes?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) A large pig.
(c) A small child.
(d) A small sheep.
10. What river does Bruce and Dr. Christian travel on as they travel to the Indians?
(a) Rio Meta.
(b) Rio Apure.
(d) Rio Cojedes.
11. How long does Bruce stay in the Indian village in the Andes before he tries to leave?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
12. Where does Bruce stay when he returns to Puerto Ayacucho with Dr. Christian?
(a) At Dr. Christian's home.
(b) At Julio's home.
(c) At a youth hostel.
(d) In a dorm.
13. Who are some of the settlers who have been giving the Motilone problems?
(b) Prison escapees.
(d) Military men.
14. When Bruce leaves Caracas on a bus to find and help the Motilone, what town does he go to in the foothills of the Andes?
(a) San Esteban.
(b) Los Bagres.
15. Who does Bruce meet in Puerto Ayacucho while he lives in Dr. Christian's home?
(a) Two missionary kids.
(b) Julio's grandfather.
(c) A missionary who invited him to dinner.
(d) A Motilone Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bruce decide God wants him to be a missionary?
2. Where did Bruce's Boy Scout troop meet?
3. How long is the canoe trip from the town where Bruce flew in to Bobby's village?
4. How long does Bruce stay with the Indians before Dr. Christian returns?
5. After Jesus became a reality for Bruce, what does he become more interested in?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)