|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many syllables comprise traditional haiku format?
2. Where does the poet describe her mother working in an office in "Lessons"?
(d) The Upper East Side.
3. Where does the poet describe Grandma Georgiana sitting on the bus in "What Everybody Knows Now"?
(a) In the back.
(b) By the driver.
(c) In the front.
(d) In the middle.
4. How old was Roman when he finally returned from the hospital in "One Place"?
5. What word in the book is used to describe fire hydrants that are turned on for children in the summertime in New York?
(a) Roger jacks.
(c) Johnny pumps.
(d) Splatter levers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Jackie have to walk to attend school in "First Grade"?
2. Who ran the Nursery and Day School that Jackie and her siblings attended while in Greenville?
3. What does Jacqueline Woodson describe her mother teaching her to cook in "Lessons"?
4. What did Uncle Robert give to Mary Anne when he moved to New York?
5. What had Grandpa Gunnar done with the swing set in "Daddy This Time"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is described as sporting afros in the poem "Afros"? Why was Jackie not allowed to wear this hairstyle?
2. What is described in the poem "Six Minutes"? What do the "six minutes" in the title refer to?
3. How does the author describe her aunt in the poem "Caroline But We Called Her Aunt Kay, Some Memories"?
4. How does the author compare her family members in "Genetics"?
5. Who is described as "The Other Woodson" in the poem by this name? To whom is this individual compared?
6. How does the poet describe her learning methods in "Writing #2"?
7. How has the setting of Jackie's grandparents' home changed in "Daddy This Time"?
8. Where does the author describe Grandma Georgiana sitting on the bus in "What Everybody Knows Now"? Why did she sit here?
9. What comparisons does the author make between New York and Greenville in the poem "New York City"?
10. What made Jacqueline Woodson relate to the character of Stevie, as seen in "Stevie and Me"? Who is Stevie?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)