|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the home of the Woodsons described as in "The Ghosts of the Nelsonville House"?
2. What health problem did the boy from up the road suffer from in "The Almost Friends"?
(b) A hole in his heart.
(d) A speech impediment.
3. What is Grace Woodson's relationship to Jacqueline?
(a) She is Jacqueline's second cousin.
(b) She is Jacqueline's sister.
(c) She is Jacqueline's aunt.
(d) She is Jacqueline's grandmother.
4. Where is Dorothy's seamstress that makes her dresses and gloves described in "The Training"?
(d) New York.
5. What is the name of the predominantly African-American community in Greenville, South Carolina, that is described by the poet?
6. How old was Jacqueline Woodson's mother when Jackie was born?
7. When did the American Civil War end?
8. When was William J. Woodson born?
9. When did Martin Luther King, Jr.'s March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom take place?
(a) July 12, 1966.
(b) August 28, 1963.
(c) April 7, 1964.
(d) September 14, 1962.
10. During what years was John F. Kennedy President of the United States?
11. Where did Jack Woodson earn a scholarship to attend college?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) California State University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Ohio State University.
12. What kind of pet did Mary Anne want when she was little, but Georgiana refused?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
13. Where did Mary Anne's family live in South Carolina?
(b) Myrtle Beach.
14. What is the name of Jacqueline Woodson's father?
(a) Peter Paul Woodson.
(b) John Robert Woodson.
(c) Jack Austin Woodson.
(d) James Allen Woodson.
15. How does Jacqueline Woodson describe her infant fists in "Second Daughter's Second Day on Earth"?
(a) "Clenched in determination and glory."
(b) "Shaking from fear and sorrow."
(c) "Clenched in rage."
(d) "Ready to change the world."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary Anne Woodson's sister who was less than a year older than her?
2. When was the American Civil War declared?
3. What breakfast does the poet describe eating in "Bible Times"?
4. Who is the focus of the poem "The Reader"?
5. Where were Jacqueline Woodson's ancestors living when they were slaves?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)