|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Mary Anne's sister recently moved in the poem "Ohio Behind Us"?
(d) New York.
2. Where was Jacqueline Woodson born?
(a) Nelsonville, South Carolina.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
3. What is Grace Woodson's relationship to Jacqueline?
(a) She is Jacqueline's second cousin.
(b) She is Jacqueline's sister.
(c) She is Jacqueline's aunt.
(d) She is Jacqueline's grandmother.
4. Whose wish for a man's head on a platter is described in the poem "Bible Times"?
5. What does the poet describe topping the letter "J" with in "The Beginning"?
(a) A pedestal.
(b) A jagged line.
(c) A crowbar.
(d) A straight hat.
6. What sport did Jack Woodson play in high school and college?
7. What did Jackie and her siblings use to soothe Georgina's feet at night?
(c) Epsom salt.
(d) Ice water.
8. When was Jacqueline Woodson born?
(a) June 2, 1963.
(b) February 12, 1963.
(c) March 12, 1965.
(d) August 15, 1962.
9. Where was William J. Woodson born?
10. Who was Thomas Woodson's mother?
(a) Sarah Jackson.
(b) Betsy Ross.
(c) Sally Hemings.
(d) Marie Anderson.
11. What animals are described as making noise at the time of Jacqueline's birth in "Other People's Memory"?
(a) Blue jays.
12. Who was Thomas Woodson's father?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Ben Franklin.
13. How many children did Grandma Georgiana's mother give birth to?
14. What Biblical river is referenced in the poem "The Leavers"?
(a) The River Arnon.
(b) The River Jordan.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The River Euphrates.
15. When did the American Civil War end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What line is repeated several times in the poem "The Almost Friends"?
2. What color is the home of the Woodsons described as in "The Ghosts of the Nelsonville House"?
3. What was Mary Anne's sister Caroline called?
4. Who is described as looking down on the South for its inequality in "Journey"?
5. What kind of branch has Jackie's mother stripped to use as a switch in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)