|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Rosa Parks take a stand by refusing to move to the back of the bus in Montgomery, Alabama?
(a) August 13, 1959.
(b) July 3, 1958.
(c) December 1, 1955.
(d) March 12, 1969.
2. When does Jackie describe her grandfather bringing home superhero comic books for his grandchildren in "Hope"?
(a) On Saturdays.
(b) On Tuesdays.
(c) On Fridays.
(d) On Thursdays.
3. What is the name of Jacqueline Woodson's father?
(a) James Allen Woodson.
(b) Jack Austin Woodson.
(c) John Robert Woodson.
(d) Peter Paul Woodson.
4. What did Jackie and her siblings use to soothe Georgina's feet at night?
(a) Ice water.
(d) Epsom salt.
5. When was Jacqueline Woodson born?
(a) February 12, 1963.
(b) June 2, 1963.
(c) August 15, 1962.
(d) March 12, 1965.
6. Who was Thomas Woodson's father?
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
7. What was the occupation of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
(a) He was a cabinet maker.
(b) He was a plumber.
(c) He was a printing press foreman.
(d) He was an actor.
8. Where was William J. Woodson born?
9. How did Jacqueline Woodson's Uncle Odell die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He had a stroke.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He had a heart attack.
10. What is the maiden name of Jacqueline Woodson's mother?
11. Who in Jacqueline Woodson's family wanted her to be named simply "Jack"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her aunts.
12. How did Jacqueline Woodson's family travel from Ohio to South Carolina each winter when she was young?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By airplane.
13. When was William J. Woodson born?
14. Where was Jacqueline's ancestor Thomas Woodson from?
(a) Brooklyn, New York.
(b) Oxford, Mississippi.
(c) Harlem, New York.
(d) Chillicothe, Ohio.
15. What word has Hope said, causing his mother to hit him with a switch, in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Along what river did the Woodsons travel on their trips from Ohio to South Carolina?
2. How old was Jacqueline Woodson when her parents separated?
3. Who was Thomas Woodson's mother?
4. What breakfast does the poet describe eating in "Bible Times"?
5. Where is Dorothy's seamstress that makes her dresses and gloves described in "The Training"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)