|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pet did Mary Anne want when she was little, but Georgiana refused?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
2. Where did Jackie go when the pledge of allegiance was said in class in first grade?
(a) Into the back of the room.
(b) Into the hallway.
(c) To the front of the room.
(d) Into a broom closet.
3. Where did Uncle Robert move when he arrived in New York in "Uncle Robert"?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) Far Rockaway.
4. What word in the book is used to describe fire hydrants that are turned on for children in the summertime in New York?
(a) Johnny pumps.
(b) Roger jacks.
(d) Splatter levers.
5. What kind of hairstyle does the poet describe Uncle Robert sporting in "The Revolution"?
(a) A mohawk.
(b) An afro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals are described as making noise at the time of Jacqueline's birth in "Other People's Memory"?
2. Where does the poet describe Grandma Georgiana sitting on the bus in "What Everybody Knows Now"?
3. What led to Hope's interest in science, according to the poet in "Chemistry"?
4. When was Malcolm X born?
5. What food product does the poet describe Aunt Kay eating like candy in the poem "Caroline But We Called Her Aunt Kay, Some Memories"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)