|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was William J. Woodson born?
2. What was New York originally settled as, according to the poet in "Bushwick History Lesson"?
(a) New Madrid.
(b) New Portugal.
(c) New England.
(d) New Amsterdam.
3. For whose funeral did Grandma Georgiana return to South Carolina to attend after she moved to New York?
(a) Grandma Everett's funeral.
(b) Uncle Candy's funeral.
(c) Uncle Robert's funeral.
(d) Aunt Lucinda's funeral.
4. Who was the first black child to attend an all-white elementary school in the South?
(a) Sarah James.
(b) Mabel Smith.
(c) Ruby Bridges.
(d) Jacqueline Woodson.
5. Where does the poet consider Maria's mother never having left in the poem "What If...?"
(a) Puerto Rico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the slaves who bought their freedom originally live in New York City, according to the poet in "Bushwick History Lesson"?
2. When was Malcolm X born?
3. In what neighborhood of Brooklyn is the apartment that is described in "Brooklyn, New York"?
4. What gesture does the poet describe enacting due to the influence of Angela Davis in "Power to the People"?
5. How did Jacqueline Woodson's family travel from Ohio to South Carolina each winter when she was young?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)