|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dorothy's seamstress that makes her dresses and gloves described in "The Training"?
(b) New York.
2. How does Jacqueline Woodson describe her infant fists in "Second Daughter's Second Day on Earth"?
(a) "Ready to change the world."
(b) "Clenched in rage."
(c) "Clenched in determination and glory."
(d) "Shaking from fear and sorrow."
3. Why did Jacqueline Woodson write her name as "Jackie" in the poem "Late Autumn"?
(a) Because she couldn't make a cursive "Q."
(b) Because she had always wanted to be called Jackie.
(c) Because she was unable to hear.
(d) Because she couldn't spell Jacqueline.
4. What did Jacqueline come to call her maternal grandfather when living with him, according to the narrative of "Gunnar's Children"?
(d) "Pop Pop."
5. How far did Jackie have to walk to attend school in "First Grade"?
(a) 2 blocks.
(b) 5 blocks.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jacqueline Woodson relate to the character "Stevie" in "Stevie and Me"?
2. What is the name of Mary Anne Woodson's sister who was less than a year older than her?
3. In whose shadow does the poet describe growing up in "The Other Woodson"?
4. What was the occupation of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
5. Who is Jackie's teacher that is described in "Late Autumn"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)