|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what night of the week did Jackie's mother depart for New York in the poem "The Blanket"?
2. What does the poet describe Winnie the Pooh always getting in the poem "Family"?
(a) His honey.
(b) His carrots.
(c) His laughter.
(d) His friends.
3. What is the title of Part 3 of Brown Girl Dreaming?
(a) “The Stories of South Carolina Run Like Rivers.”
(b) “I am Born.”
(c) “Power to the People.”
(d) "Followed the Sky's Mirrored Constellation to Freedom."
4. When did the American Civil War end?
5. Who was Thomas Woodson's father?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Walt Whitman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the poet describe her mother working in an office in "Lessons"?
2. In whose shadow does the poet describe growing up in "The Other Woodson"?
3. How many syllables comprise traditional haiku format?
4. How far from Jackie's home in Brooklyn did Maria live when they became friends?
5. How old was Jacqueline Woodson when her parents separated?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)