|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Jacqueline Woodson born?
(a) March 12, 1965.
(b) August 15, 1962.
(c) February 12, 1963.
(d) June 2, 1963.
2. Who is the focus of the poem "Gifted"?
(c) Mary Anne.
3. How does the poet describe her school in "First Grade"?
4. What night of the week is described in "Hair Night"?
5. When did Martin Luther King, Jr.'s March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom take place?
(a) September 14, 1962.
(b) August 28, 1963.
(c) April 7, 1964.
(d) July 12, 1966.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is described in the poem "Lessons"?
2. How does Roman's appearance differ from those of his siblings?
3. What does Mary Anne bring home for her children in "Another Way"?
4. How far from Jackie's home in Brooklyn did Maria live when they became friends?
5. What did Jackie describe being bitten by in her story to Uncle Robert in "Believing"?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)