|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word has Hope said, causing his mother to hit him with a switch, in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
2. What is the name of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
(a) Andrew Williams.
(b) Hunter Smith.
(c) Gunnar Irby.
(d) Jack Rogers.
3. What physical trait do Mary Anne, Gunnar, Jackie, Dell, and Hope all share, according to the poet in "Genetics"?
(a) Large noses.
(b) Broad shoulders and small feet.
(d) Gaps between their front teeth.
4. How far did Jackie and her family walk to attend church on Sundays, as described in "Another Kingdom Hall"?
(a) 7 blocks.
(b) 2 blocks.
(c) 9 blocks.
(d) 12 blocks.
5. Where does the poet describe Grandma Georgiana sitting on the bus in "What Everybody Knows Now"?
(a) In the front.
(b) In the middle.
(c) By the driver.
(d) In the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the owner of the fabric store in Greenville know Georgiana?
2. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
3. Who was the first black child to attend an all-white elementary school in the South?
4. What does the poet describe Winnie the Pooh always getting in the poem "Family"?
5. What did Robert give to Dell when he arrived in New York in "Uncle Robert"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)