|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jacqueline Woodson describe her infant fists in "Second Daughter's Second Day on Earth"?
(a) "Clenched in determination and glory."
(b) "Clenched in rage."
(c) "Ready to change the world."
(d) "Shaking from fear and sorrow."
2. What is the name of Mary Anne Woodson's sister who was less than a year older than her?
3. How many children did Grandma Georgiana's mother give birth to?
4. When was Malcolm X born?
5. On what night of the week did Jackie's mother depart for New York in the poem "The Blanket"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jackie describe her grandfather bringing home superhero comic books for his grandchildren in "Hope"?
2. What word in the book is used to describe fire hydrants that are turned on for children in the summertime in New York?
3. What happens to the "Selfish Giant," according to the poet in "Family"?
4. What is the name of Jacqueline Woodson's father?
5. Where did Jackie and her siblings move after Aunt Kay's death, as described in the poem "Moving Again"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)