|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet describe happening to the witch in "Family"?
(a) She falls from the roof of her house.
(b) She steps on a snake.
(c) She gets chucked into the oven by Gretel.
(d) She is eaten by the dinosaur.
2. How old was Jacqueline Woodson when her parents separated?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 1 year old.
(c) 2 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
3. When was Jacqueline Woodson born?
(a) August 15, 1962.
(b) March 12, 1965.
(c) June 2, 1963.
(d) February 12, 1963.
4. What was the occupation of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a cabinet maker.
(c) He was a plumber.
(d) He was a printing press foreman.
5. What color does the narrator describe New York as in the poem "New York City"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pinocchio in the books, according to the poet in "Family"?
2. What physical trait do Mary Anne, Gunnar, Jackie, Dell, and Hope all share, according to the poet in "Genetics"?
3. Who is Jackie's teacher that is described in "Late Autumn"?
4. How many books were Jackie and her siblings allowed to check out from the library each week in the poem "Stevie and Me"?
5. From where is Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother saved, according to the poet in "Family"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)