|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "Saturday Morning" explores Jackie's longing for Greenville through her descriptions of what aspect?
(a) The houses.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The food.
(d) The smells.
2. Jackie's first book was a collection of seven haiku's focused on what subject?
3. When did the American Civil War end?
4. What did Uncle Robert tell Jackie and her siblings they could make wishes on in "Wishes"?
(a) Four-leaf clovers.
(b) Sidewalk cracks.
(c) Rabbits' feet.
5. Why was Roman's bed pulled away from the wall when he returned home from the hospital?
(a) So he would be unable to reach the curtains.
(b) So he would not hit his head on the wall.
(c) So that he could not eat the paint.
(d) So he would stop crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what night of the week did Jackie's mother depart for New York in the poem "The Blanket"?
2. When was the American Civil War declared?
3. How many books were Jackie and her siblings allowed to check out from the library each week in the poem "Stevie and Me"?
4. What did Jackie describe being bitten by in her story to Uncle Robert in "Believing"?
5. What sport did Jack Woodson play in high school and college?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)