|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Jackie and her family walk to attend church on Sundays, as described in "Another Kingdom Hall"?
(a) 2 blocks.
(b) 12 blocks.
(c) 9 blocks.
(d) 7 blocks.
2. What line is repeated several times in the poem "The Almost Friends"?
(a) "We know better than that."
(b) "We would soon find out."
(c) "We walked to town, alone."
(d) "I heard her crying."
3. What did Jackie and her siblings use to soothe Georgina's feet at night?
(a) Ice water.
(b) Epsom salt.
4. During what years was John F. Kennedy President of the United States?
5. How did Jacqueline Woodson's family travel from Ohio to South Carolina each winter when she was young?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Biblical river is referenced in the poem "The Leavers"?
2. What is Jacqueline Woodson's middle name?
3. When did Rosa Parks take a stand by refusing to move to the back of the bus in Montgomery, Alabama?
4. What was Mary Anne's sister Caroline called?
5. How is Dorothy related to Mary Anne?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)