|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Jacqueline Woodson born?
(a) February 12, 1963.
(b) June 2, 1963.
(c) August 15, 1962.
(d) March 12, 1965.
2. In what war did William J. Woodson fight?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Mexican-American War.
(d) The American Civil War.
3. What kind of pet did Mary Anne want when she was little, but Georgiana refused?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A pig.
(d) A dog.
4. Who was the first black child to attend an all-white elementary school in the South?
(a) Sarah James.
(b) Jacqueline Woodson.
(c) Ruby Bridges.
(d) Mabel Smith.
5. What is the name of Mary Anne Woodson's sister who was less than a year older than her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the focus of the poem "The Paint Eater"?
2. What is Jacqueline Woodson's middle name?
3. How far did Jackie have to walk to attend school in "First Grade"?
4. Whose dream of a ladder to heaven is described in "Bible Times"?
5. What kind of branch has Jackie's mother stripped to use as a switch in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)