|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Jacqueline Woodson's ancestors living when they were slaves?
(a) South Carolina.
2. What sport did Jack Woodson play in high school and college?
3. What is Jacqueline Woodson's middle name?
4. How far did Jackie have to walk to attend school in "First Grade"?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 5 blocks.
(c) 2 blocks.
(d) 1 mile.
5. Who are the people that lived across the road from Jackie's grandmother and who she warned them to stay away from in the poem "The Almost Friends"?
(a) Cora and her sisters.
(b) Jamie and her sisters.
(c) Phil and his sisters.
(d) Megan and her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was William J. Woodson born?
2. What line is repeated several times in the poem "The Almost Friends"?
3. Who in Jacqueline Woodson's family wanted her to be named simply "Jack"?
4. Who is the focus of the poem "The Reader"?
5. What does Mary Anne bring home for her children in "Another Way"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)