|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title of address did Jackie's mother forbid her children to use?
(d) Your Honor.
2. Who was Thomas Woodson's mother?
(a) Sarah Jackson.
(b) Betsy Ross.
(c) Marie Anderson.
(d) Sally Hemings.
3. What book of essays did James Baldwin publish in 1963?
(a) The Doctor's Tale.
(b) The Lost Way North.
(c) The Road Within.
(d) The Fire Next Time.
4. Who was the first black child to attend an all-white elementary school in the South?
(a) Ruby Bridges.
(b) Sarah James.
(c) Mabel Smith.
(d) Jacqueline Woodson.
5. What did Jackie and her siblings use to soothe Georgina's feet at night?
(a) Epsom salt.
(b) Ice water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What night of the week is described in "Hair Night"?
2. What breakfast does the poet describe eating in "Bible Times"?
3. Where were Jacqueline Woodson's ancestors living when they were slaves?
4. Where was Jacqueline Woodson born?
5. How does Jacqueline Woodson describe her infant fists in "Second Daughter's Second Day on Earth"?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)