|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Malcolm X born?
2. During what years was John F. Kennedy President of the United States?
3. What health problem did the boy from up the road suffer from in "The Almost Friends"?
(b) A hole in his heart.
(c) A speech impediment.
4. What is the name of the predominantly African-American community in Greenville, South Carolina, that is described by the poet?
5. What is Grace Woodson's relationship to Jacqueline?
(a) She is Jacqueline's aunt.
(b) She is Jacqueline's grandmother.
(c) She is Jacqueline's sister.
(d) She is Jacqueline's second cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as looking down on the South for its inequality in "Journey"?
2. Whose wish for a man's head on a platter is described in the poem "Bible Times"?
3. Along what river did the Woodsons travel on their trips from Ohio to South Carolina?
4. Who was Thomas Woodson's mother?
5. What was Mary Anne's sister Caroline called?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)