|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pet did Mary Anne want when she was little, but Georgiana refused?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
2. Where did Mary Anne's family live in South Carolina?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
3. In what war did William J. Woodson fight?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) The Mexican-American War.
(d) World War II.
4. How old is Dell described as in "The Beginning"?
5. What does the poet describe topping the letter "J" with in "The Beginning"?
(a) A pedestal.
(b) A jagged line.
(c) A crowbar.
(d) A straight hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jack Woodson earn a scholarship to attend college?
2. Where had Mary Anne's sister recently moved in the poem "Ohio Behind Us"?
3. When was Malcolm X born?
4. What did Jacqueline come to call her maternal grandfather when living with him, according to the narrative of "Gunnar's Children"?
5. Who are the people that lived across the road from Jackie's grandmother and who she warned them to stay away from in the poem "The Almost Friends"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)