|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dream of a ladder to heaven is described in "Bible Times"?
2. When did Rosa Parks take a stand by refusing to move to the back of the bus in Montgomery, Alabama?
(a) July 3, 1958.
(b) August 13, 1959.
(c) December 1, 1955.
(d) March 12, 1969.
3. Where had Mary Anne's sister recently moved in the poem "Ohio Behind Us"?
(c) New York.
4. When did Martin Luther King, Jr.'s March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom take place?
(a) September 14, 1962.
(b) August 28, 1963.
(c) April 7, 1964.
(d) July 12, 1966.
5. What did Georgina tell her grandchildren never to do?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Sit in the back of the bus.
(c) Pet a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet describe topping the letter "J" with in "The Beginning"?
2. When was the American Civil War declared?
3. What title of address did Jackie's mother forbid her children to use?
4. Where was William J. Woodson born?
5. How many children did Grandma Georgiana's mother give birth to?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)