|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
(a) He was a cabinet maker.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a printing press foreman.
(d) He was a plumber.
2. How old does Jacqueline Woodson describe herself in the poem "The Beginning"?
3. What kind of branch has Jackie's mother stripped to use as a switch in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
(a) An elm tree branch.
(b) A sage-brush branch.
(c) A weeping willow branch.
(d) A rose-bush branch.
4. What did Jackie and her siblings use to soothe Georgina's feet at night?
(a) Ice water.
(b) Epsom salt.
5. From where did the owner of the fabric store in Greenville know Georgiana?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dell described as in "The Beginning"?
2. What is Grace Woodson's relationship to Jacqueline?
3. What flavor ice-cream is described as Gunnar's favorite in "The Candy Lady"?
4. Who are the people that lived across the road from Jackie's grandmother and who she warned them to stay away from in the poem "The Almost Friends"?
5. Along what river did the Woodsons travel on their trips from Ohio to South Carolina?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)