|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Malcolm X born?
2. Where did Mary Anne's family live in South Carolina?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
3. When did Rosa Parks take a stand by refusing to move to the back of the bus in Montgomery, Alabama?
(a) August 13, 1959.
(b) March 12, 1969.
(c) December 1, 1955.
(d) July 3, 1958.
4. What street did Mary Anne's parents live on in South Carolina?
(a) Smith Street.
(b) Jackson Street.
(c) Center Street.
(d) Hall Street.
5. Where was Jacqueline's ancestor Thomas Woodson from?
(a) Oxford, Mississippi.
(b) Chillicothe, Ohio.
(c) Harlem, New York.
(d) Brooklyn, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jack Woodson earn a scholarship to attend college?
2. What book of essays did James Baldwin publish in 1963?
3. What was William J. Woodson's relationship to Jacqueline?
4. Along what river did the Woodsons travel on their trips from Ohio to South Carolina?
5. What animals are described as making noise at the time of Jacqueline's birth in "Other People's Memory"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)