|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet describe happening to the witch in "Family"?
(a) She steps on a snake.
(b) She gets chucked into the oven by Gretel.
(c) She falls from the roof of her house.
(d) She is eaten by the dinosaur.
2. What organization did Angela Davis found to fight to abolish the prison-industrial complex?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The Union Pacific.
(c) Critical Resistance.
(d) The Code Red.
3. From where did the owner of the fabric store in Greenville know Georgiana?
4. Where was Jacqueline's ancestor Thomas Woodson from?
(a) Harlem, New York.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Chillicothe, Ohio.
(d) Oxford, Mississippi.
5. How does the poet describe her school in "First Grade"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hairstyle does the poet describe Uncle Robert sporting in "The Revolution"?
2. What gesture does the poet describe enacting due to the influence of Angela Davis in "Power to the People"?
3. What is the last poem in Brown Girl Dreaming?
4. What day of the week is described in the poem "Lessons"?
5. When was Malcolm X born?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)