|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along what river did the Woodsons travel on their trips from Ohio to South Carolina?
(a) The Columbus River.
(b) The Klamath River.
(c) The Arkansas River.
(d) The Hocking River.
2. What was the occupation of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
(a) He was a printing press foreman.
(b) He was a cabinet maker.
(c) He was a plumber.
(d) He was an actor.
3. Who is the focus of the poem "The Reader"?
(d) Mary Anne.
4. What animals are described as making noise at the time of Jacqueline's birth in "Other People's Memory"?
(b) Blue jays.
5. What form are the poems of Brown Girl Dreaming?
(a) Blank verse.
(b) Iambic pentameter.
(c) Free verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Georgina tell her grandchildren never to do?
2. How does Jacqueline Woodson describe her infant fists in "Second Daughter's Second Day on Earth"?
3. What did Jackie and her siblings use to soothe Georgina's feet at night?
4. What did Jacqueline come to call her maternal grandfather when living with him, according to the narrative of "Gunnar's Children"?
5. Where was Jacqueline Woodson born?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)