|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years was John F. Kennedy President of the United States?
2. Where were Jacqueline Woodson's ancestors living when they were slaves?
(c) South Carolina.
3. What kind of branch has Jackie's mother stripped to use as a switch in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
(a) A rose-bush branch.
(b) A sage-brush branch.
(c) A weeping willow branch.
(d) An elm tree branch.
4. What did Jacqueline come to call her maternal grandfather when living with him, according to the narrative of "Gunnar's Children"?
(a) "Pop Pop."
5. When was Malcolm X born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
2. How old does Jacqueline Woodson describe herself in the poem "The Beginning"?
3. How old was Jacqueline Woodson's father when Jackie was born?
4. What street did Mary Anne's parents live on in South Carolina?
5. Where was William J. Woodson born?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)