|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a cabinet maker.
(c) He was a printing press foreman.
(d) He was a plumber.
2. What is the name of the predominantly African-American community in Greenville, South Carolina, that is described by the poet?
3. What line is repeated several times in the poem "The Almost Friends"?
(a) "We know better than that."
(b) "We walked to town, alone."
(c) "I heard her crying."
(d) "We would soon find out."
4. When was William J. Woodson born?
5. Who took Jackie, Dell, and Hope to South Carolina in "Home Again to Hall Street"?
(a) Grandpa Gunnar.
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Aunt Kay.
(d) Uncle Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what neighborhood of Brooklyn is the apartment that is described in "Brooklyn, New York"?
2. Along what river did the Woodsons travel on their trips from Ohio to South Carolina?
3. What is the name of Mary Anne Woodson's sister who was less than a year older than her?
4. Where does the poet describe Bernie and Peaches moving in "Moving Again"?
5. When did Martin Luther King, Jr.'s March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom take place?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)