|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the American Civil War declared?
2. What led to Hope's interest in science, according to the poet in "Chemistry"?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Saturday cartoons.
(d) Horror movies.
3. When did Martin Luther King, Jr.'s March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom take place?
(a) April 7, 1964.
(b) July 12, 1966.
(c) September 14, 1962.
(d) August 28, 1963.
4. How did Jacqueline Woodson's Uncle Odell die?
(a) He had a stroke.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He had a heart attack.
5. What kind of branch has Jackie's mother stripped to use as a switch in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
(a) A sage-brush branch.
(b) A rose-bush branch.
(c) A weeping willow branch.
(d) An elm tree branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary Anne Woodson's sister who was less than a year older than her?
2. Where was Jacqueline's ancestor Thomas Woodson from?
3. Where did Jack Woodson earn a scholarship to attend college?
4. What does Mary Anne say their new home is protected by in the poem "Moving Again"?
5. Who in Jacqueline Woodson's family wanted her to be named simply "Jack"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)