|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran the Nursery and Day School that Jackie and her siblings attended while in Greenville?
(a) Ms. Parham.
(b) Mrs. Hughes.
(c) Ms. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Anderson.
2. What does Mary Anne bring home for her children in "Another Way"?
(a) A painting.
(b) Board games.
(c) A piano.
3. What is the title of Part 4 of Brown Girl Dreaming?
(a) "Deep in My Heart, I Do Believe."
(b) “The Stories of South Carolina Run Like Rivers.”
(c) “Followed the Sky’s Mirrored Constellation to Freedom.”
(d) “Ready to Change the World.”
4. What is Jacqueline Woodson's middle name?
5. What day of the week is described in the poem "Lessons"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dorothy's seamstress that makes her dresses and gloves described in "The Training"?
2. What aspect of learning did Jacqueline Woodson struggle with growing up?
3. What flavor ice-cream is described as Gunnar's favorite in "The Candy Lady"?
4. What kind of branch has Jackie's mother stripped to use as a switch in the poem "The Right Way to Speak"?
5. What did Jackie describe being bitten by in her story to Uncle Robert in "Believing"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)