|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jackie's first book was a collection of seven haiku's focused on what subject?
2. Why was Roman's bed pulled away from the wall when he returned home from the hospital?
(a) So that he could not eat the paint.
(b) So he would not hit his head on the wall.
(c) So he would stop crying.
(d) So he would be unable to reach the curtains.
3. From where is Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother saved, according to the poet in "Family"?
(a) The bottom of the well.
(b) The barn.
(c) The belly of the wolf.
(d) The roof of the house.
4. What kind of tree does the poet describe sitting under on her block in "How to Listen #6"?
(a) A birch tree.
(b) An elm tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A willow tree.
5. What led to Hope's interest in science, according to the poet in "Chemistry"?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Saturday cartoons.
(d) Horror movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the short story "The Selfish Giant"?
2. Where did Jackie and her siblings move after Aunt Kay's death, as described in the poem "Moving Again"?
3. Who is Jackie's teacher that is described in "Late Autumn"?
4. The poem "Saturday Morning" explores Jackie's longing for Greenville through her descriptions of what aspect?
5. Who is described as always reading in the poem "Tomboy"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)