|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pet did Mary Anne want when she was little, but Georgiana refused?
(a) A cat.
(b) A pig.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
2. What does the poet describe topping the letter "J" with in "The Beginning"?
(a) A pedestal.
(b) A jagged line.
(c) A straight hat.
(d) A crowbar.
3. What is the name of Jacqueline Woodson's maternal grandfather?
(a) Gunnar Irby.
(b) Jack Rogers.
(c) Hunter Smith.
(d) Andrew Williams.
4. In what collection of stories was "The Selfish Giant" published?
(a) Aesop's Fables.
(b) The Prince and the Pauper and Other Stories.
(c) The Happy Prince and Other Tales.
(d) The Green Giant and Other Children's Tales.
5. Whose voice is described in the poem "Off-Key"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the American Civil War declared?
2. Where does the poet describe Grandma Georgiana sitting on the bus in "What Everybody Knows Now"?
3. How far did Jackie have to walk to attend school in "First Grade"?
4. How did Jacqueline Woodson's family respond when she told them she wanted to be a writer the first time?
5. Whose wish for a man's head on a platter is described in the poem "Bible Times"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)