|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following career types does Silla want Selina to pursue after college?
2. How does Clive respond to Selina's plan to change his life?
(a) He proposes to her.
(b) He breaks up with her.
(c) He is not interested.
(d) He gives up painting.
3. What does Selina discover that her father has left behind upon her return with Ian following her parents' argument over Deighton's involvement with Father Peace?
(a) His trumpet.
(b) Money for his survival.
(c) A puppy.
(d) All his fine clothes.
4. How does Selina react when one of her friends confronts her about her relationship with Clive?
(a) She says that they are just friends.
(b) She breaks down and cries.
(c) She acknowledges that they are dating.
(d) She denies that she even knows him.
5. How does Silla react to Selina calling her Hitler?
(a) She drinks herself into an incoherent state.
(b) She throws Selina out of the house.
(c) She allows Selina to cry and comforts her.
(d) She tells Selina that she is useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 4, where does Selina attend a party despite still deeply grieving over her father's death?
2. In Book 4, which of the of the following does Ina declare to care more about than boys?
3. What does Selina realize when she sees the manner in which Mrs. Benton treats her daughter?
4. Where does Selina go with Ina while her parents are arguing about Deighton's involvement with Father Peace?
5. How does Silla react to Deighton's news about his new devotion to Father Peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Suggie warn Selina to stay away from the Barbadian Association?
2. How does Selina know that her father is truly lost to her family?
3. Why does Selina seclude herself and refuse to go out following her father's death?
4. Why does Miss Thompson tell Selina the story of how her foot became ulcerated?
5. Why does Selina decline the Association scholarship?
6. What is significant about Selina's call to Rachel Fine for help in finding a job?
7. Why does Selina call her mother "Hitler"?
8. How does Selina's manner of dress following her father's death reflect her inner emotional state?
9. What does Selina think about the Association?
10. What does Selina realize about herself upon going to a party at Beryl's house?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)