|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Selina, Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Deighton tries to apply for an accounting job?
(a) He encounters racism.
(b) He is hired.
(c) He panics and does not go.
(d) He is beaten up.
2. What happens to Deighton at the mattress factory?
(a) His arm is injured in the machinery.
(b) He causes a riot.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He gets fired.
3. Why is Silla not happy about Deighton's good news?
(a) Because she worries that he will squander his inheritance.
(b) Because she does not want more children.
(c) Because she thinks that he will kill her.
(d) Because she is afraid that money is evil.
4. What is the relationship between Selina and Beryl?
(b) Best friends.
(d) Mother and daughter.
5. Which of the following is the term used when referring to someone who is suggesting that all Blacks be allowed to join the Association?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beryl do to comfort Selina after they argue at the park?
2. What does Selina do to Ina when Ina states that she will tell their father how bad he is?
3. What does Silla think of Selina?
4. Which of the following does Ina state that she does not want?
5. Which of the following is the reason upon which Clive bases his thoughts that Selina should not socialize with Whites?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)