|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Selina, Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the argument between Selina and Beryl in Book 2, what does Selina believe that she will never do?
(a) Start bleeding.
(b) Have babies.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Understand love.
2. Whose wedding does the family attend in Book 3?
(a) The wedding of 'Gatha Steed's daughter.
(b) Beryl's sister's wedding.
(c) Miss Thompson's wedding.
(d) Maritze's wedding.
3. What does Selina realize when Miss Mary dies?
(a) That Suggie hates Miss Mary.
(b) That death is scary.
(c) That things are almost the same anyway.
(d) That Miss Mary has a fortune.
4. What does Selina feel that she can do at the end of the book?
(a) Forget all about Clive.
(b) Find a man who will marry her and take her away.
(c) Face prejudice and be able to overcome it.
(d) Dance better than anyone else.
5. Where do people in the story go for fun on a Saturday night?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Fulton Street.
(d) Staten Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maritze react to Suggie's lovers staying over?
2. Whom does Selina seek comfort with following her bad experience at the Benton house?
3. Where does Selina go with Ina while her parents are arguing about Deighton's involvement with Father Peace?
4. In Chapter 10 of Book 4, which of the following does Clive's mother do that annoys Selina?
5. What does Selina realize at the Association scholarship presentation?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)