|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Selina, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, what is Silla's reaction after hearing her father reminisce about courting her mother?
(a) She wonders whether she will ever find a husband.
(b) She wonders whether her father is making up the stories that he is telling.
(c) She has a hard time believing that her mother had ever been young and dancing.
(d) She thinks that her father is crazy.
2. What happens when Deighton tries to apply for an accounting job?
(a) He is beaten up.
(b) He is hired.
(c) He panics and does not go.
(d) He encounters racism.
3. At the end of Book 3, what does Silla do when she realizes that Deighton will not be returning?
(a) She turns him in as an illegal immigrant.
(b) She tries to kill him.
(c) She orders Selina to never visit her father again.
(d) She moves to another state with her daughters.
4. How does Silla react to Deighton's news about his new devotion to Father Peace?
(a) She throws things at him.
(b) She says that Deighton's devotion to Father Peace will set her free.
(c) She cries.
(d) She cannot believe him.
5. What does Selina's mother bring home from work for Selina?
(a) Extra work.
(b) Hand-me down clothes.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main issues that the Boyce family faces?
2. After accounting, what does Deighton decide to do for a living?
3. What do Miss Mary and Silla have in common?
4. In Book 3, how does Silla carry out her plan to get money for a house?
5. In Book 2, Pastorale, what does Selina ask to do with her best friend?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)