|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Selina, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Father Peace?
(a) A man from Barbados who claims to be God.
(b) A missionary from the Caribbean.
(c) A man who Deighton believes to be God incarnate.
(d) A priest who tries to help Selina's family.
2. Where do people in the story go for fun on a Saturday night?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Fulton Street.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) Central Park.
3. Which of the following does Silla think that Miss Mary will not do?
(a) Be kind to Selina.
(b) Ever die and let her rent the room to someone else.
(c) Pay her rent.
(d) Speak to her because she is Black.
4. Which of the following career types does Silla want Selina to pursue after college?
5. Which of the following means of transportation do Beryl and Selina take to the park?
(a) The subway.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A trolley.
(d) A horse buggy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Selina discover that her father has left behind upon her return with Ian following her parents' argument over Deighton's involvement with Father Peace?
2. After Deighton dies, what happens when Selina dreams about boys?
3. What does Deighton have when he finally arrives home after cashing the land sale check?
4. How does Deighton die?
5. In Book 1, Chapter 3, what do Suggie and her date drink?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)