|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Selina, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beryl do to comfort Selina after they argue at the park?
(a) She buys her candy.
(b) She rubs her feet.
(c) She brushes her hair.
(d) She holds her close.
2. Which of the following does Silla think that Miss Mary will not do?
(a) Pay her rent.
(b) Speak to her because she is Black.
(c) Be kind to Selina.
(d) Ever die and let her rent the room to someone else.
3. When Silla and Deighton argue after he has become a follower of Father Peace, what huge family burden and loss does Silla blame Deighton for having caused?
(a) Selina's thoughts about marriage.
(b) The problems in the neighborhood.
(c) The death of their son.
(d) Ina's unhappiness.
4. Why are the children at Miss Thompson's hungry?
(a) Because they do not know how to cook.
(b) Because their mother Is out at a party.
(c) Because they refused to beg for food.
(d) Because they do not have a mother.
5. How many siblings does Beryl have?
(a) Six (6).
(b) Five (5).
(c) Three (3).
(d) Seven (7).
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Boyce family get from the sale of their land?
2. What does Deighton tell his family after having become more enthralled with Father Peace?
3. What sets Miss Mary apart from the other tenants?
4. What does Deighton do after the incident at the mattress factory?
5. Where does Selina go with Ina while her parents are arguing about Deighton's involvement with Father Peace?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)