|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The War, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Thompson do for a living?
(a) She cleans homes for the rich.
(b) She runs a bakery and does laundry.
(c) She runs a restaurant.
(d) She runs a beauty shop and cleans offices.
2. When they get to the park, where do Beryl and Selina go?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the ice cream stand.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) To the clothing store.
3. What is the Barbados island religion called?
4. What gift does Deighton have for Selina after cashing the land sale check?
(a) A puppy.
(b) New shoes.
(c) Hair ribbon.
(d) A gift certificate to the bookstore.
5. What does Beryl tell Selina will happen to her if she does not menstruate by the time that she turns 20 years of age?
(a) That she will die.
(b) That she will lose her hair.
(c) That she will be shunned.
(d) That she will get fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Selina do to Ina when Ina states that she will tell their father how bad he is?
2. How does Silla react to Deighton's return following his trip to the bank to cash the check?
3. What will the children at Miss Thompson's do when it is time for bed?
4. Who finally listens to Selina's worries about Silla's plan to sell Deighton's land?
5. How does Selina feel when she realizes that her mother has not told her about the facts of life?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)