|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The War, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do people in the story go for fun on a Saturday night?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Fulton Street.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Staten Island.
2. Which of the following is the year in which the opening of the book is set?
3. How old is Selina at the opening of the book?
(a) Sixteen (16).
(b) Eight (8).
(c) Ten (10).
(d) Twelve (12).
4. What does Selina think that her mother wishes that she were?
(a) Older, so that she could work.
(c) A boy.
5. Why does Miss Thompson not go to the doctor?
(a) Because she thinks that they will send her to an asylum.
(b) Because she is afraid of doctors.
(c) Because she does not believe that a doctor can cure her.
(d) Because she does not have any money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, what news do Silla's friends inform her about that triggers her anger?
2. Which of the following item types will Silla make and sell for extra money?
3. What is the relationship between Mary and Maritze?
4. What does Suggie like to drink?
5. What is the relationship between Suggie and Selina?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)