|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Pastorale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Deighton's happy news?
(a) That he has inherited land in Barbados.
(b) That he has gotten a job.
(c) That he is buying a house.
(d) That they are about to have a son.
2. What is the relationship between Mary and Maritze?
(a) Old lady and her nurse.
(c) Mother and daughter.
3. In Book 1, Chapter 3, what do Suggie and her date drink?
4. What does Silla think of Selina?
(a) That Selina is her pride and joy.
(b) That Selina should be sent away.
(c) That Selina will never amount to anything.
(d) That Selina is the cross that she has to bear.
5. What does Mary think that Maritze's focus should be?
(a) Making more friends.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Finding a new home.
(d) Finding a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Selina's parents argue about frequently?
2. What does Ina tell her mother that her father plans to do?
3. When they get to the park, where do Beryl and Selina go?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 3, why does the other man think that Deighton will not make money at his latest venture?
5. What is one of the main issues that the Boyce family faces?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)