|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Pastorale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the argument between Selina and Beryl in Book 2, what does Selina believe that she will never do?
(a) Understand love.
(b) Start bleeding.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Have babies.
2. What do Selina and Beryl argue about in Book 2?
(a) About how babies are born.
(b) About the identity of Virgie's boyfriend.
(c) About how animals eat.
(d) About how to feed a baby.
3. What is the relationship between Mary and Maritze?
(b) Old lady and her nurse.
(c) Mother and daughter.
4. What does Selina think that her mother wishes that she were?
(b) Older, so that she could work.
(d) A boy.
5. Who is not in the Boyce family photograph?
(a) The son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Selina see at the park in Book 2?
2. Which of the following is one of the reasons that Maritze is bitter?
3. In what part of New York does the Boyce family live?
4. What does Selina's mother bring home from work for Selina?
5. Why are the children at Miss Thompson's hungry?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)