|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Pastorale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Selina do as Beryl comforts her at the park in Book 2?
(a) She tells a story from the island.
(b) She reads poetry that she has written.
(c) She wonders what is going on.
(d) She keeps arguing.
2. How many siblings does Beryl have?
(a) Seven (7).
(b) Six (6).
(c) Three (3).
(d) Five (5).
3. What does Silla tell her daughters that she did as a child?
(a) Worked in the fields.
(b) Wove cloth.
(c) Shined shoes.
(d) Drank rum.
4. What does Selina's mother bring home from work for Selina?
(a) A letter.
(b) Hand-me down clothes.
(c) Extra work.
5. Why did parents avoid teaching their daughters about sex in the early part of the 20th Century?
(a) Because they thought that the girls would not have sex if they did not know about it.
(b) Because they thought that girls were evil.
(c) Because they knew that girls would never get married if they did not have knowledge about sex.
(d) Because they wanted to scare the girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Selina feel when she realizes that her mother has not told her about the facts of life?
2. What is one of the main issues that the Boyce family faces?
3. Why is Book 2 called Pastorale?
4. When Suggie gives Selina some rum to drink in Book 2, what does she tell Selina that the rum will do to her?
5. How does Deighton's mistress treat him?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)