|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Pastorale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Thompson not go to the doctor?
(a) Because she does not believe that a doctor can cure her.
(b) Because she thinks that they will send her to an asylum.
(c) Because she is afraid of doctors.
(d) Because she does not have any money.
2. How old is Selina at the opening of the book?
(a) Sixteen (16).
(b) Twelve (12).
(c) Eight (8).
(d) Ten (10).
3. How many siblings does Beryl have?
(a) Seven (7).
(b) Five (5).
(c) Six (6).
(d) Three (3).
4. What is the relationship between Mary and Maritze?
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Old lady and her nurse.
5. In what part of New York does the Boyce family live?
(b) Little Italy.
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following means of transportation do Beryl and Selina take to the park?
2. What does Mary think that Maritze's focus should be?
3. What sets Miss Mary apart from the other tenants?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 3, what is Deighton's latest idea for making money?
5. How does Deighton's mistress treat him?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)