|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Pastorale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Book 2 called Pastorale?
(a) Because it has elements of nature: the park, the zoo, and talk about babies.
(b) Because the girls listen to a concert where a pastorale is performed.
(c) Because the pastor preaches a sermon in Book 2.
(d) Because it takes place in a pasture.
2. What type of job do most immigrant women in the story have?
(b) Raising chickens.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) Doing laundry.
3. In Book 1, Chapter 3, why does the other man think that Deighton will not make money at his latest venture?
(a) Because White people are not be likely to hire him.
(b) Because he is stupid.
(c) Because he is lazy.
(d) Because there are not any good jobs available.
4. Who does Deighton see on his way to visit his mistress?
(b) Miss Mary.
(c) The police.
(d) His mother.
5. Who is Vergie?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A nun.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A debt collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 2, Pastorale, what does Selina ask to do with her best friend?
2. What does Selina see at the park in Book 2?
3. In what part of New York does the Boyce family live?
4. What does Silla tell her daughters that she did as a child?
5. Which of the following is the year in which the opening of the book is set?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)