|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The War, Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 3, what do Suggie and her date drink?
2. Why is Book 2 called Pastorale?
(a) Because it has elements of nature: the park, the zoo, and talk about babies.
(b) Because the pastor preaches a sermon in Book 2.
(c) Because it takes place in a pasture.
(d) Because the girls listen to a concert where a pastorale is performed.
3. What does Silla think about Father Peace?
(a) That life is not to be found in him.
(b) That he is a good influence on Deighton.
(c) That he is abusing the women in white.
(d) That he is a crook.
4. After accounting, what does Deighton decide to do for a living?
(a) Become a policeman.
(b) Play the trumpet.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Drive trolleys.
5. How much does the Boyce family get from the sale of their land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Selina go with Ina while her parents are arguing about Deighton's involvement with Father Peace?
2. How do others react when Selina tries to tell them about her mother's plan to sell her father's land?
3. Who finally listens to Selina's worries about Silla's plan to sell Deighton's land?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 3, what is Deighton's latest idea for making money?
5. How does Maritze react to Suggie's lovers staying over?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)