|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The War, Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think that Maritze's focus should be?
(a) Making more friends.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Finding a new home.
(d) Finding a husband.
2. What does Deighton have when he finally arrives home after cashing the land sale check?
(a) A car.
(b) Train tickets to Florida.
(c) The deed to a new house.
(d) Presents for everyone.
3. What is the Barbados island religion called?
4. Which of the following item types will Silla make and sell for extra money?
(a) Hand-strung rosary beads.
(b) Delicacies from Barbados.
(c) Handmade brooms.
(d) Knitted sweaters.
5. Whose wedding does the family attend in Book 3?
(a) The wedding of 'Gatha Steed's daughter.
(b) Miss Thompson's wedding.
(c) Maritze's wedding.
(d) Beryl's sister's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, how does Silla carry out her plan to get money for a house?
2. In Book 1, Chapter 3, what do Suggie and her date drink?
3. What will the children at Miss Thompson's do when it is time for bed?
4. How many siblings does Beryl have?
5. Why does Miss Thompson not go to the doctor?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)